Understand complex problems and investigations
We work with clients facing complex problems - such as business disputes, fraud, or regulatory actions. We provide the proven methodologies, world-class forensic and analytic technology, experienced accounting and investigative specialists that can give our clients clarity, insight and solutions.
Our team brings tested international and local experience and provide a range of services from proactive (such as anti-fraud and anti-corruption services, whistleblower hotline management, integrity due diligence and business intelligence services) to reactive (forensic investigations, asset tracing and recovery, and expert witness and litigation support services).
How We Can Help
The Forensic practice is focused on providing a full suite of service offerings to support clients based in the Middle East.
We work with clients to protect and preserve assets and value in situations where they have suffered loss, to mitigate the loss and recover assets - we are solution-focused practitioners advising clients on managing business controversy and conflict, meeting and maintaining regulatory compliance and improving governance standards.
Our Deloitte Forensic team has over 45 dedicated professionals. They come from multifaceted backgrounds and include forensic accountants, ex- law enforcement and specialist investigators, forensic technology specialists, auditors, regulators, and research analysts. We routinely conduct business in Arabic, English and French, in addition our team speaks over 12 languages and we can draw upon many other resources from our local and global colleagues if the need arises.
In order to understand the problem and assist clients with Forensic Investigations services, we will often:
- Reconstruct transactions and financial statements from incomplete or inconsistent records
- Interrogate detailed financial transactions and records
- Analyze, simplify, and report on sophisticated financial transactional data
- Investigate and interview internal and external parties
Fraud Risk Management
Our Fraud Risk Management professionals:
- Perform fraud risk assessments
- Develop and monitor the implementation of fraud and anti corruption control programs
- Investigate specific instances of corruption, fraud or suspected corruption and fraud
Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous works with clients to foster a culture of honesty, integrity, compliance and corporate governance through the implementation of an independent, confidential and anonymous whistleblowing facility. We provide these services to clients in international and local markets for both public and private organizations.
Our range of Dispute Resolution services include:
- Expert Witness
- Expert Determination
- International Arbitration
- Intellectual Property
Financial Service Regulatory Consulting
We provide a wide range of Financial Service Regulatory Consulting services to assist with:
- Financial crime management, regulatory compliance and prevention of sanctions breaches
- Meeting AML and regulatory requirements, which includes gap analyses and strategic advice to assist clients in the assessment, design, implementation and testing of program effectiveness
- Remediation support when a failure does occur
- Analyses and diagnostics advice and assistance in design, implementation and testing of risk management frameworks for banks and supervisory authorities.
- Assessment of new or amended organizational impacts and implications as well as leading the way toward achieving FATCA compliance
Business Intelligence Services (BIS)
The team offers Business Intelligence Services. This includes providing clients with bespoke reports on the background, integrity and reputation of individuals and entities in the context of a due diligence investigation, a fraud or dispute, or where clients seek to gather specific market intelligence to inform strategic decisions. These services can be summed up by:
- Integrity due diligence
- Investigative support
- Strategic market intelligence
Analytic & Forensic Technology (AFT)
We provide highly professional local Analytic & Forensic Technology services:
- Forensic data collections
- IT Forensic investigations
- Electronic review / discovery / disclosure
- Data analytics
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.