Deloitte Real Estate
Deloitte Real Estate helps you to take a strategic approach to property. We see the entire picture and are transforming the delivery of real estate services.
Our team and our clients
Deloitte works with clients across Australia and has established a global network of dedicated real estate teams in 40 countries to give clients global market insights and transaction support.
Our unparalleled insight means we can help you navigate the complexities of the real estate market and build value through property. Our deep industry expertise means we can advise you on all kinds of asset classes, from industrial and commercial to retail and residential. We work with:
- Major international and Australian companies
- Banks, investors and lenders
- High net-worth individuals
- Public sector organisations.
Successful developers and owners know that understanding the market is the key to making the right decisions. They also know that having the right team behind you – a team that grasps market complexities and can advise on strategy – is critical to success.
Deloitte Real Estate provides the market intelligence and depth of expertise to assist you in optimising your real estate returns. We advise on property strategy, as well as managing developments, acquisitions and disposals to help you maximise the value of your property assets.
With significant capital at stake, financiers must ensure that projects add up in the first place – and that value can still be extracted if things go wrong.
We provide advisory services across the entire property life cycle, from origination and due diligence to transactions and restructuring for underperforming assets.
Real estate is the third-largest expense that most occupiers face after people and technology.
Deloitte Real Estate assists you in making the most of every property dollar on the balance sheet. We provide seamlessly integrated advice on topics as varied as asset values, capital expenditure, depreciation, dilapidation provisions, direct and indirect tax, lease liabilities, operating costs and real estate debt.
Property advisory and consulting
Deloitte Real Estate brings together highly skilled professionals to provide advice through the entire property life cycle. Our people have experience across multiple asset types, and include:
- Senior registered valuers
- Development managers for publicly listed companies
- Senior and structured finance providers
- Town planners and civil engineers.
Our breadth and depth of expertise allows us to guide clients through the decision-making process, regardless of whether property is their core business or not. We provide in-depth market intelligence to drive property strategies from project inception through to delivery and end sale or use.
We can also advise on a case-by-case basis on a number of activities, including:
- Highest and best use analysis
- Planning assessment and management
- Asset due diligence
- Feasibility modelling
- Third-party valuation reviews
- Risk assessments
- Market and product research
- Asset divestment
- Body corporate registration
- Stakeholder advisory and management.
Our expertise assists clients ranging from banks and corporations to high net-worth individuals and not-for-profit organisations.
Deloitte Real Estate offers market-leading solutions for all commercial real estate classes, at any stage of the property cycle, while our independent status enables us to provide objective advice. As part of Deloitte’s global network, we can also access expertise from all over the world to assist you.
We provide authoritative advice on all stages of the leasing process, including:
- Creation of a corporate real estate strategy
- Market assessment and approach
- The final stages of lease review
- Premises disposal.
Our proven methodology places strategy front and centre, helping you to anticipate future market movements and respond to an evolving property market.
Successful property transactions rarely happen by chance. They require a detailed understanding of the variables of value and salability, as well as the ability to effectively canvass target markets and decision makers.
Deloitte Real Estate professionals have a track record of creating recurring unconditional sales. We have devised a clever approach to property transactions, providing a deep understanding of assets and a proven methodology that maximises value. Our team has assisted in acquisitions and divestments valued at over $500 million.
We specialise in complex deals, acting as a client’s key advisors throughout the life of the transaction. We focus on gaining maximum value for the client, not just closing the deal.
Our comprehensive approach includes:
- Identifying issues and providing solutions
- Canvassing target markets with marketing material
- Creating competitive tension.
We understand a wide range of asset classes and have experience in numerous transaction types – from inner-city mixed-use projects to coastal five-star resorts, or new master-planned housing communities.
Project and development management
Deloitte Real Estate’s full-service development team provides more than just project management. We have access to a builder’s licence and employ experienced development managers. We manage the entire process from project conception to completion.
We take a broad view of the entire development rather than just one piece of the puzzle.
Key aspects of our service include:
- Project design and optimisation: we work with clients and consulting teams to refine project concepts into detailed designs
- Statutory approvals: we work with state and local governments to obtain the necessary approvals to begin construction. We secure development, operational, building and project-specific approvals (such as environmental and historical approvals). Our aim is to minimise the impact of approval conditions and restrictions on project feasibility.
- Construction management: we work to get projects delivered on time, on budget and to specified standards. We undertake the contractor tendering, selection and management processes. We also implement green and sustainable construction techniques, reducing energy consumption and environmental footprints.
Businesses and property for sale