Deloitte’s specialist team can quickly gather an in-depth understanding of the market, the asset or liability being valued, the financial and non-financial information, as well as factors such as legal or regulatory environment.
We have an in-depth understanding of markets and can quickly and easily assess an asset or liability. We also provide comprehensive information on legal and regulatory frameworks.
Our advice assists management and stakeholders in making informed business and investment decisions. We help quantify and articulate value for taxation, transaction, financing, litigation and strategic management purposes.
We provide valuation-related advice covering:
- Independent expert reports or fairness opinions
- Strategic value in respect of business unit performance
- Business restructuring and refinancing
- Litigation support and disputes
- Mergers, acquisitions, disposals and other corporate activities
- Intangible assets
- Tax planning and compliance
- Financial statement preparation including purchase price allocations shares or interests
- Employee incentive schemes and options.
Independent expert reports
An Independent Expert’s Report (IER) provides impartial and credible advice to investors and is commissioned by a company’s board for the purpose of an independent assessment of a transaction to assist shareholders in assessing whether or not to approve a transaction.