FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2014
Unleashing tomorrow’s leaders
In its ninth consecutive year we invite the financial services industry’s future leaders to take up the challenge of the FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award.
Being a part of the Future Leaders Awards is the best thing I’ve done for my career... The FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Awards has enriched my way of thinking and advanced my approach to challenges in our industry.
Bree McDonough, Suncorp Life, 2013 winner
The award program encourages future leaders to develop innovative ideas and solutions to address some of the biggest challenges facing our industry.
- Networking opportunities with peers and industry leaders
- Raising personal profile within the organisation and across the industry
- Mentoring from a senior executive
- Improving communication skills
- Opportunity to research and discuss a topic important to the industry
- Challenge of tackling a hot topic within financial services
- Design thinking skills.
This year we are introducing a Pitch Fest competition to both trigger innovative research and a heightened capacity to communicate. It will be fun, interesting and of lasting value for future careers.
2014 hot topics
- Is MySuper contributing to a competitive landscape and if not what other initiatives and benefits for members could be obtained?
- How can the Asia region funds passport succeed amongst the other regional regimes?
- The Financial System Inquiry is charged with examining how the financial system could be positioned to best meet Australia’s evolving needs and support Australia’s economic growth. Given the terms of reference announced by the government, what recommendations would you make to the inquiry to enable the objective to be met? You can answer this question in its entirety or consider one or more sectors of focus.
- The current ‘twin peaks’ regulatory environment was established in response to the Wallis Inquiry (1997). Is this existing regulatory architecture optimal for the future financial services industry? What changes if any would you recommend?
- 4 April – Applications close
- 11 April – Successful applicants advised
- 12 August – Deadline for submitting papers
- September – Pitch Fest Competition – first round
- October – Pitch Fest Competition – final round
- End of October – Winners announced
Deloitte will award the overall winner around the world trip including flights and accommodation in an appropriate city, where the winner will meet a Deloitte global leader in their industry. The winner will also receive a complimentary registration to the Financial Services Council Annual Conference to be held in August 2015.
- The Award program is open to permanent employees of Financial Services Council Full Member companies, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), Treasury and Australian Transaction Reports & Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC)
- Participants must be 30 years of age and under as at 1 January 2014 and be permanent residents of Australia
- Participants must have the support of their CEO or equivalent (such as Managing Director or country head) and a mentor of senior management level from within their organisations. Mentors from other organisations are also permitted but the mentor will need to fill out a declaration that they will support the candidate throughout the entire program
- One application per topic from an FSC Full Member company, APRA, ASIC, Treasury and AUSTRAC will be considered.