FSC/Deloitte 2015 future leaders to consider the wealth industry’s hot topics
With a chance to win round the world ticket, the highly successful award series will challenge young professionals in the wealth management sector this year to consider the opportunities for the wealth industry.
FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2015
Show us your smarts and make a difference
In its tenth consecutive year we invite the financial services industry’s future leaders to take up the challenge of the FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award.
It challenged me to think like a leader and pushed me out of my comfort zone.
Stephen Flegg, AMP Capital, 2014 Winner
Being a part of the Future Leaders Awards is the best thing I’ve done for my career... The FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Awards has enriched my way of thinking and advanced my approach to challenges in our industry.
Bree McDonough, Suncorp Life, 2013 winner
The award program encourages future leaders to develop innovative ideas and solutions to address some of the biggest challenges facing our industry.
The networking journey for candidates will culminate in an exciting ‘pitch fest’ to sharpen both thinking and presentation skills as the finalists face off against each other in the final rounds.
- Networking opportunities with peers and industry leaders
- Raising personal profile within the organisation and across the industry
- Mentoring from a senior executive
- Improving communication skills
- Opportunity to research and discuss a topic important to the industry
- Challenge of tackling a hot topic within financial services
- Design thinking skills.
In the light of the FSI report and the maturing super system in Australia:
a) what criteria should be used to judge the success of Australia’s retirement system?
b) what changes should be made to meet these criteria over the next 20 years?
Investment and global
What are the challenges and opportunities for the Australian wealth management industry from globalisation in the Asian Century? What can we export most effectively to leverage the opportunities identified?
a) our expertise;
b) our technology; or
c) our scale in funds management
Tax White Paper
In 2015, the Commonwealth will undertake a review of Australia’s tax system through the Tax White Paper. Considering all taxes - Commonwealth, state and local - what reforms should the Tax White Paper recommend?
What action should be taken to encourage philanthropy in Australia, and what role can philanthropy play in alleviating Government Budget pressures (in areas such as health and education)? How can trustees and the sector at large support greater philanthropic giving?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is the fastest growing item of Federal Government expenditure and Disability Support Pension expenditure is projected to increase by 15% to almost $18 billion by 2016-17. How could life insurance products offer more effective private mechanisms to address the market failure that government is attempting to address by providing public insurance through the DSP and NDIS?
- 3 April – Applications close
- 13 April – Successful applicants advised
- 21 September – Deadline for pre-presentation documentation
- Late September – Pitch Fest Competition – first round
- October – Pitch Fest Competition – final round
- Late October – Winners announced
Deloitte will award the overall winner an around the world trip including flights and accommodation to spend time with Deloitte global experts. The winner will also receive a complimentary registration to the Financial Services Council Annual Conference to be held in August 2016.
- The Award program is open to permanent employees of Financial Services Council Full Member companies, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) and Treasury
- Participants must be born on or after 1 January 1985 and be permanent residents of Australia
- Participants must have the support of their CEO or equivalent (such as Managing Director or Country Head) and a mentor of senior management level from within their organisations. Mentors from other organisations are also permitted
- Mentors will need to fill out a declaration that they will support the candidate throughout the entire program
- Only application per topic from an FSC Full Member company, APRA, ASIC and Treasury will be considered.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.