Deloitte Access Economics
Deloitte Access Economics produces five highly regarded publications, aimed at giving clients a leading edge by providing key economic data and analysis.
The Weekly Economic Briefing
The Weekly Economic Briefing is written by David Rumbens, from Deloitte Access Economics in Australia, and Ian Stewart, Deloitte's Chief Economist in the UK. They provide a personal view on topical financial and economic issues.
Review of Funding for Schooling
The highly anticipated findings and recommendations of the Review of Funding for Schooling (the 'Gonski Review') were released on 20 February 2012 – the first comprehensive review of Australian schools funding in decades.
This concise paper by Steve Brown, Monish Paul and Lachlan Smirl of Deloitte Access Economics and our Education team articulates the implications for funding administrators and recipients of the key recommendations of the Review, including:
- The introduction of a single funding model or schooling resource standard as the basis for all recurrent funding for government and non-government schools
- The linkage of funding to student outcomes via a student outcome benchmark
- The distribution of funding solely on a per student basis
- The allocation of equity funding via loadings
- The development of a student-based 'measure of capacity' to determine non-government school funding
- The omission of detailed transition arrangements.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.