Drones: high-profile and niche
The active base of non-military drones (UAVs) costing $200 or more should exceed one million units for the first time, Deloitte predicts in 2015. We expect sales of non-military drones to be about 300,000 units in 2015, with the majority being bought by consumers or prosumers. Read more here.
TMT Predictions 2015
The future in Tech, Media & Telecom
Welcome to the 2015 edition of Deloitte’s predictions for the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sectors. These Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe.
Executive summary (2015)
Our objective with TMT Predictions is to identify critical inflection points that we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
Technology - TMT Predictions 2015
Explore the future in Technology:
- The Internet of Things really is things, not people
- Drones: high-profile and niche
- 3D printing is a revolution: just not the revolution you think
- Click and collect booms in Europe
- Smartphone batteries: better but no breakthrough
- Nanosats take off, but they don’t take over
- The re-enterprisation of IT
Media - TMT Predictions 2015
Telecommunications - TMT Predictions 2015
Explore the future in Telecommunications: