About the Deloitte Innovation Centre
Bringing start-ups to the Champions League
In today’s volatile global marketplace, innovation can often be the key differentiator when seeking to become a true champion. Open Innovation is also a necessary enabler to increase value in the process. Today’s companies must look at where protecting intellectual property makes a difference, but also recognise that by working together far more can be achieved.
This is why Deloitte has launched the Deloitte Innovation Centre. The Centre will focus on young companies in the technology scene, active in analytics, digital, cyber security and mobility solutions.
“The Deloitte Innovation Centre plans to bring Belgian start-ups in the technology scene to the Champions League”
Guido Vandervorst, Managing Partner Innovation, Deloitte Belgium
- We believe that harnessing innovation by supporting of start-ups is a critical factor for the survival of the Belgian economy.
- Getting an idea to the market quickly is very important so we want to help start-ups with this “acceleration process”
- Through its access to local and global networks Deloitte is uniquely positioned to help stimulate innovation in Belgium. We have relationships with many of the key players in Belgium around technology and innovation.
- Through the Deloitte Innovation Centre, we can offer technology start-ups the support they need to accelerate to the next level in maturity
The Deloitte Innovation Centre has many goals:
- Stimulate the Belgian economy by supporting start-ups active in new and growing technologies (eg. mobility).
- Boost high-potential start-ups through Deloitte's support and intellectual capital.
- Promote open innovation by opening up our network and facilitating the go-to-market process of start-ups in a Deloitte-protected environment.
- Build on the power of the existing incubator and accelerator programmes and work together to foster innovation in Belgium.
- Market technology predictions in selected business sectors.
- Develop lifetime client relationships.
- Help grow start-ups into trusted advisors.
Nurturing Innovation initiatives
1. Member events
- "Meet the expert" evenings
- Business sector new trends brainstorm events
- Speed dating events
- International visits
Possibility to apply for the "Deloitte Innovation Booster Academy"
2. Booster Academy
- Admission: Apply at Deloitte Innovation Centre
- Organised 2/3 times a year
- Max 10 participants per session
- Duration: 6 months
- Compensation schedules for first key people
- Contracting with reference client
- Aligning R&D and go-to-market
- Organising Intellectual property protection
- Setting up smart combinations with third parties
- International expansion
3. Booster Programme
High potential companies (up to 10)
- 2-year support programme
- 25 man-days per year top level Deloitte services and strategic support:
- Accounting support, tax & legal advice
- Setting up an (international) sales network
- Support in fundraising, local and global
- Access to our (premium) Belgian and global clients
- Access to our global network of Deloitte member firms
- C-level business coaching & mentoring
If your start-up meets the following criteria then the Deloitte Innovation Centre could be something for you:
- You are a technology company
- You are active in one of the following domains:
analytics, cyber, digital, mobility
- You have a working proof of concept
- Your company is in the early growing stages