Facts & figures
We remain the number one firm in the Belgian market, a sign that our focus serves us and our clients well.
Business unit perspectives
Having the right perspective on business trends and challenges enables us to bring added insights.
The client perspective
Our clients rely on our in-depth knowledge of the context in which they operate, and the strong relationships we build with them.
The Deloitte Foundation
The cornerstone of our commitment to society
The Deloitte Foundation brings together a series of societal projects in which we collaborate with strategic partners, both in Belgium and abroad. These projects focus on education, innovation and entrepreneurship – areas that express Deloitte’s culture as a coaching and learning organisation, and make the best use of our skills so that our efforts can have a greater impact.
“We are conscious of the impact that Deloitte as a firm has on society. This is why corporate responsibility is not only central to our business strategy, but is also part of our daily decision making process. This sense of responsibility is undoubtedly a major reason why Deloitte is a global market leader today.”
Rik Vanpeteghem, CEO Deloitte Belgium
Our vision is to be “the distinctive firm to work with and for”, defined by the impact we have on the success and reputation of our clients and the broader contribution we make to the society in which we operate. As the cornerstone of our commitment to society, the Deloitte Foundation oversees our firm’s corporate responsibility strategy and provides added visibility to the series of projects in which we are proud to participate.
The nature of the support offered by Deloitte varies depending on the project, and ranges from feedback on business plans and serving on competition juries to providing equipment and expertise.
- Close the Gap helps bridge the digital divide by offering high-quality refurbished computers to IT projects in emerging countries throughout the world. Deloitte provides support with equipment and expertise.
- VLAJO / Les Jeunes Entreprises enables students to develop entrepreneurial skills and prepare for working life through simulation exercises in which they experience how to run their own company. Deloitte provides feedback on business plans, serves on competition juries, advises the initiative’s management and offers a Deloitte Innovation Award.
- The Network for Training Entrepreneurship (NFTE) aims to improve the social and professional integration of youth facing exclusion by helping to develop their skills and entrepreneurial spirit through education. In addition to advising NFTE management, Deloitte provides business training and evaluates young peoples’ business plans.
- Taking care of orphans and abandoned children around the world, SOS Children’s Villages provides a proper education in a safe environment. Deloitte supports school projects in Belgium and Rwanda and funds SOS emergency aid, for example as a result of the devastating typhoon, children in the Tacloban region of the Phillippines are receiving support.
- Bright Future is an initiative of Beface, an organisation initiated by GDF-Suez and now supported by many large companies. The project offers coaching sessions to underprivileged, high-potential university students in order to help them with their first career steps. The students are selected by the social departments of their respective universities and Bright Future matches the student with the coach.
- Caring for Entrepreneurship Fund (CEF) provides support for practical initiatives which are likely to serve as a catalyst for social, scientific or cultural innovation. The CEF was set up in December 2008 to encourage entrepreneurial initiatives that improve well-being in the health-care sector, along with in front of living conditions and support for patients and their families. The CEF is managed by the King Baudouin Foundation and Deloitte provides support and expertise to selected projects.
- Isaan is one of the poorest regions in Thailand, where education is often a low priority. Established by Deloitte partner Rony Wuytjens, the Fund Isaan provides computers and training, sends volunteers to assist local teachers with English classes, and offers scholarships to young people who demonstrate high potential.
- Through the Tanzania Sustainability Project, Deloitte supports and works closely with a number of NGOs in the Mara region of Tanzania. Our volunteers work with WeForest, the Global Resource Alliance (GRA) and Close the Gap to enable true social and economic change. Benoît Vanderstichelen, Deloitte partner and lead in this project, has also launched ‘Mara Kids’, a permanent fund to help the GRA in its work with orphans.
- Through the project “Building Dreams” a group of five volunteers from various EMEA Deloitte member firms travel to African countries to collaborate with local business communities on select topics. Recently, a team travelled to Tanzania to engage in a business game with the ICT4D foundation and help them to further develop their entrepreneurial skills. This was undertaken in collaboration with Close the Gap and Deloitte Tanzania.
Business & Society
Business & Society is the leading network for companies that strive to shape a sustainable society together with a variety of stakeholders. The organisation aims to be a centre of expertise for its members and a platform for exchange of information and experience. Its vision is to co-create inclusive, green and responsible business for a sustainable society.
Deloitte Belgium has been a member of Business & Society Belgium since 2005 and has held a seat on the Executive Committee since 2008.