Consumer Business Economic Update
Key indicators combine with analyst sentiments, search engine and social media trends to provide a revealing snapshot of Canada’s consumer business sector.
The eleventh edition of Deloitte’s Consumer Business economic update for Canada provides a snapshot of key business indicators across the retail, consumer packaged goods (CPG) and travel, hospitality and leisure (THL) sectors.
The newsletter also aggregates search-related data for online travel, products and shopping with social media trends and analyst sentiment.
- The Canadian economy experienced a decline of -0.4% in real GDP growth rate in Q2 2015.
- Same store sales growth showed a strong increase versus a year ago across the largest Canadian retailers.
Travel, hospitality and leisure trends
- The majority of key indicators in travel, hospitality and leisure continue to be positive for this quarter as well.
Consumer packaged goods
- CPG Sales experienced lower growth across all categories in Q2 2015 compared to the growth experienced in Q1 2015.
- Kijiji, a free Canadian local classifieds site has retained its position as the top online search in the Shopping category by Canadians in Q2 2015.
Read the full Consumer Business economic update report to gain more interesting insights. For more information, please contact our team.
National Consumer Business Leader
Financial Advisory, Consumer Business Practice Leader
National THL Sector Leader
National Consumer Products and Food Sector Leader
National Retail Leader
Financial Advisory, Food and Beverage Leader