Consumer Business Economic Update
Key indicators combine with analyst sentiments, search engine and social media trends to provide a revealing snapshot of Canada’s consumer business sector.
The ninth edition of Deloitte’s Consumer Business economic update for Canada provides a snapshot of key business indicators across the retail, consumer packaged goods (CPG) and travel, hospitality and leisure (THL) sectors.
The newsletter also aggregates search-related data for online travel, products and shopping with social media trends and analyst sentiment.
- The Canadian economy experienced slower real GDP growth in Q4 2014 at rate of 1.6%
- Same store sales growth rates increased by almost 2% in Q4 2014 compared to Q4 2013.
Travel, hospitality and leisure trends
- The THL sector saw growth across all sub-sectors.
Consumer packaged goods
- The CPG sector experienced increased growth rates across all major categories.
- Classified ads website Kijiji still retains the top spot with “kijiji” as the top shopping search item in Q4 2014. American multinational retail store Walmart and on-demand internet streaming media provider Netflix were the next two top shopping searches with the keywords “walmart" and “netflix" ranking second and third respectively on the list.
Read the full Consumer Business economic report to gain more interesting insights. For more information, please contact our team.
National Consumer Business Leader
Financial Advisory, Consumer Business Practice Leader
National THL Sector Leader
National Consumer Products & Food Sector Leader
National Retail Leader
Financial Advisory, Food and Beverage Leader