Tracking the trends 2014
The top 10 issues mining companies will face in the coming year
Ongoing market volatility will force mining companies to change the way they do business. Discover leading-edge perspectives on today’s mining issues.
Adapt “ore” bust
Ongoing market volatility will force mining companies to change the way they do business if they wish to remain viable. That’s the core message delivered in Tracking the trends 2014 — The top 10 issues mining companies will face in the coming year, Deloitte’s sixth annual global mining report. Download the report to read about the most pressing trends alongside the strategies and solutions that will help companies adapt to the mining industry’s changing dynamics.
While long-term demand fundamentals remain strong, inflation, falling commodity prices, supply-demand imbalances and decreased productivity levels are just some of the challenges mining firms will continue to face in the next year. Simply waiting out the market swing is not an option. Rather, pursuing innovation will help both juniors and big companies weather current headwinds.
Mining the numbers
Dig through our top 10 issues and trends to find the numbers you need to know:
- At least 1/3 of the mining workforce is set to retire within the next 10 years;
- Record impairment charges of US$75 billion over the last two years underscore capital allocation issues and problems in the project pipeline;
- Fatal injuries fell 24% between 1993 and 2011, but it’s not keeping pace with the 51% decline seen in non-fatal injuries.
Hidden gems: Solutions at hand
Tracking the trends 2014 goes beyond simply stating what challenges exist. From examining how detailed analytics can drive operational excellence to advice on improving government relations and the financing fight for survival, discover leading-edge perspectives on today’s mining issues.
Let’s discuss these issues
Tracking the trends 2014 — The top 10 issues mining companies will face in the coming year offers the following:
- Insight into industry best practices;
- A perspective on volatile mining industry trends;
- Valuable guidance to help you lay a foundation for future growth.