International tax alert archive
International tax alerts are published as issues develop around multinational operations and legislative changes, compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
- April 24, 2014: Federal Court of Appeal limits scope of Canadian foreign affiliate anti-avoidance rule in Lehigh
- April 4, 2014: OECD BEPS Action 2: Hybrid mismatch arrangements
- April 1, 2014: OECD BEPS Action 1: The digital economy
- March 25, 2014: OECD BEPS Action 6: Preventing treaty benefits in inappropriate circumstances
- February 20, 2014: Inbound financing and anti-treaty shopping measures
- October 16, 2013: Canada-Malaysia tax treaty update
- May 31, 2013: Tax Court rules on scope of Canadian foreign affiliate anti-avoidance rule in Lehigh
- November 20, 2012: Hong Kong and Canada sign income tax agreement
- October 26, 2012: Canadian government reintroduces “upstream loan” rules and other foreign affiliate proposals
- October 17, 2012: Canadian government introduces revised budget proposals on foreign affiliate “dumping”
- August 15, 2012: Canadian government releases revised budget proposals on foreign affiliate “dumping”
- March 29, 2012: Canadian budget impacts investment in foreign affiliates by Canadian subsidiaries
- February 28, 2012: Velcro Canada wins beneficial ownership case
This publication is produced by Deloitte LLP as an information service to clients and friends of the firm, and is not intended to substitute for competent professional advice. No action should be initiated without consulting your professional advisors. Your use of this document is at your own risk.