Oil and Gas
Over past year, global recession has made demand for crude oil and natural decreasing; interest rates and cost inflation are low. As results, large integrated oil companies and those operating in related sectors experienced record profitability and cash flows, then are facing uncertain perspective.
In China, due to global recession, declining demand and floating oil prices, although China Oil & Gas industry’s revenue grew 23% in 2008, however profit down 10% than 2007, especially refinery sector had a loss of RMB149 billion, against RMB11 billion profit in 2007. CNPC , Sinopec, and CNOOC had combined profits 31% drop. The government has launched a petrochemical stimulus package, on pricing mechanism reform, refinery capability enlarging, coal-chemical development constrain, and enhancing enterprise governance and improving risk control skills.
China's oil consumption reached record 390 Mtons in 2008, increased 7%. Among them 52% of oil supply from abroad. In the other hand, the global oil and gas market has been shaped to a buyer’s market. CNPC , Sinopec, and CNOOC's outbound investment gets more active given better M&A circumstance and government back.
Our Global and China practices
Through our member firms, Deloitte helps companies address many of these challenges by providing a range of services to companies in all segments of the oil and gas industry. We have significantly strengthened our global practice recently by adding hundreds of energy-focused professionals around the world.
We provide ongoing services to 50 percent of the world's largest oil and gas companies. In addition, our commitment to the industry includes research and analysis of industry issues and trends as well as participation in events and conferences where industry leaders share their insights on trends and issues.
In China, we have been serving all Chinese national oil and gas majors and most of international giants in China, cross audit, tax, management consulting, financial advisory and risk management.
- Establish Enterprise Risk Management System for China’s largest Oil & Gas enterprise
- Develop financial budgeting systems for China’s major three Oil & Gas enterprises
- Lead a global team to provide due diligence and tax planning advisory services to PetroChina and assisted it in its acquisition of PetroKazakhstan Inc PKI
- Perform a financial due diligence on a joint venture refinery project on behalf of ExxonMobil and Aramco. We helped the clients in negotiation with the Sinopec regarding the investment amount and devise the optimal structure for the transaction and assisted the client in the formation of the petroleum marketing and distribution joint venture
- Deloitte acted as financial advisor providing comprehensive M&A services for Shell in relation to its acquisition of China’s largest private petroleum chemical company
- Audit financial statements and conduct verification review for China’s largest joint venture, which is between Shell and a Chinese national oil company