Report on cooperative development between shopping centers and chain brand merchants in China 2013
This report was accomplished through our study conducted with industrial macro data, in-depth interviews with industry insiders and quantitative surveys with about 500 completed questionnaires received from shopping center developers, retailers and customers.
Developing solutions to help you achieve your goals
We serve real estate companies who are involved in all types of developments, including: retail and commercial properties, office buildings, hotels and resorts, standard residential and luxury residential apartments/villas.
Opportunities and challenges
With the Chinese real estate market’s significant growth, real estate developers face a growing range of opportunities and challenges. Managing with the right teams, systems, processes and structures are critical both to sustain and enhance the value of the companies.
Developers may mitigate their investment risks by putting in place control processes such as:
- evaluation models to support real estate investment decisions
- analysis to determine the optimal structure of the investment and the nature of the entities to be established
- assurance work on the financial strength and commitment of partners in real estate joint ventures
- establishing the availability and cost of refinancing upon the expiry of mortgages
- projections of cash flow demand according to certain significant obligations, including property taxes, maintenance costs, mortgage payment, insurance costs and related charges regardless of whether or not a property is producing sufficient income to pay such expenses
- establishing efficient and effective processes for smooth operation
- producing timely, good quality financial reports to stakeholders, including: the board of directors, business partners, and regulatory authorities.
How Deloitte can help
We help developers identify their business needs and collaborate with them in developing tailor-made solutions to complex business issues. We help their executives control risks and improve processes for business management and development.
To help developers achieve success in the challenging real estate market, our real estate teams are made up of real estate industry specialists and experts who possess in-depth knowledge and sector-specific experience.
Click here to learn more about our services.
- 2013 Mainland property companies' performance and market outlooks
The report compared the financial data of 174 property companies listed in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Despite the increase in the companies' average total revenue, nearly 60% of listed mainland real estate companies recorded a decline in net profit margin during 2012.
- Report on cooperative development between shopping centers and chain brand merchants in China 2013
An analysis of the development trends and patterns of China's shopping centers, factors for success in investment and operation, as well as the development trends in the industry as the concluding remark.
- China real estate investment handbook 2013 edition
This 2013 edition summarises the updates on taxation and accounting treatments for real estate investment, key changes, risks and opportunities. Some new insights, such as business trusts, outbound investment considerations are included.
- Report of joint development of China shopping centers and chain brands 2012
The report includes the analyses on the developments and myths of China's shopping centers, and their successful factors. We hope that this study can bring inspirations to the market players.
- IFRS in Real Estate: More than just accounting and reporting
This publication provides practical industry insights on IFRS for real estate executives and includes useful sections on IFRS challenges and opportunities in the real estate industry.