Corporate finance advisory
Decisive advice to improve performance
Through our financial advice and insight we can help you succeed by doing better deals and creating value through mergers, acquisitions, restructuring and divestitures.
How we can help
With our collaborative and integrated approach to all projects and transactions, clients benefit from our expertise in M&A, strategy, acquisitions, disposals, management buyouts/buy-ins, capital raising, PLC advisory, debt advisory, business modelling and valuations. We use our experience of the marketplace to deliver a successful solution, no matter how complex the deal.
Our services include:
- M&A advisory
Our M&A advisory team comprises specialists who advise companies and business owners on various aspects of strategic development, including growth through acquisition; divestment of non-core business units or companies; restructuring; capital raising and balance sheet funding efficiencies. We have the necessary scale, international reach and local market insight to execute all types of transactions
Our service areas include:
- M&A advisory
- Acquiring a company or a business
- Selling a company or a business: mandated sales/controlled auctions
- Raising finance (equity and debt) for acquisitions
- PLC advisory: advising on takeover rules
- Distressed M&A: buying or selling companies in financial distress
- Private equity advisory
- Management buy out (MBO) | Management buy in (MBI)
Determining value is a key part of most financial transactions, requiring the right blend of technical competence, experience and professional judgement.
Our valuation specialists are part of a global network of practitioners with access to experience and market information around the world and offer advice to both public and private companies.
We also assist management with its financial reporting requirements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). In particular, the requirements of IFRS3 Business Combinations mean public companies undertaking acquisitions are now obliged to allocate the purchase consideration between tangible assets, intangible assets and goodwill.
Our team assists in a variety of context:
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals
- Expert determination and dispute
- Business reorganisation and restructuring
- Tax planning and compliance
- Financial and regulatory reporting (including purchase price allocation and impairment studies)
- Intangible assets and intellectual property