Dbriefs Asia Pacific Tax Webcasts
Anticipating tomorrow's complex issues and new strategies is a challenge. Stay tuned in with Dbriefs that give you valuable insights on important developments affecting your business in Asia Pacific
Special Edition Webcast
OECD / G20 Transfer Pricing Documentation and Intangible Guidance
29 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Arindam Mitra
Presenters: John Bland, Eunice Kuo, and Alan Shapiro
The G20 finance ministers are meeting on 21-22 September 2014 to approve the output from several Actions under the OECD / G20 Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) project. Prior to the meeting, the OECD will publish new guidance on the transfer pricing documentation requirements, including country-by-country information for tax authorities. What are the proposals, how have they changed from earlier drafts, and how might they affect your organization? We'll discuss:
- The common template for providing country-by-country information to tax authorities.
- Master file and local file documentation requirements.
- Definition and new methods to value intangibles
- Timetable and Areas that remain to be finalized.
- Potential impact of the new guidance on your organization and the action steps you should consider.
Keep up to date with these significant changes to transfer pricing under BEPS.
Managing the Continuous Evolution of China's VAT Reforms: Theory vs. Reality
30 September, 2:00 – 3:00 PM HKT (GMT +8)
Host: Robert Tsang
Presenters: Sarah Chin and Li Qun Gao
Since the pilot reform program was introduced in Shanghai on 1 January 2012, the Chinese National VAT Reform has been introducing significant changes to the old VAT and business tax regimes. Taxpayers have witnessed continuous policy changes and implementation challenges. Although the planned completion date of the reform, the end of 2015, is only 18 months ahead, there are many sectors to be covered in the reform. What are the latest changes and what is expected in the next batch of changes? We'll discuss:
- Announcements for the latest sectors, including the telecommunications industry announcement in early May 2014.
- Developments in the implementation of the reform including the exemption of cross-border services.
- Practical steps to be taken by businesses, suppliers, and customers to handle the new reality of China's VAT system.
Understand the latest changes and developments in China's National VAT reform and how you can address them.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.