Social Progress Collaborations
Business has an important role to play in driving true growth. Deloitte Global and its member firms, Social Progress Imperative, and leaders from academia and other organizations are working together to drive cross-sector collaboration and highlight barriers to achieving true progress.
The Social Progress Index
A holistic measure of progress
For 80 years GDP has been the gold standard for measuring a country's economic progress, but limiting a country's measure of growth and competitiveness to just economic indicators creates an incomplete picture.
Read Deloitte thought leadership on the Social Progress Index:
Social Progress Index in the Media
The Social Progress Index has received significant media attention.
The 2014 & 2015 Social Progress Index was launched in The New York Times by Puliter-prize winning journalist, Nicholas Kristof (download left).
In 2015 launch received over 1000 media hits in 100 countries and created a buzz on social media, reached 40 million Twitter accounts.
Deloitte’s partnership received top-tier coverage during the launch from Wall Street Journal Live, Reuters, CNN Moneyand Forbes with former Deloitte Global Chairman, Steve Almond, acting as spokesperson.
As a strategic partner Deloitte Global and its member firms have received broad coverage, either through opinion pieces, thought leadership, or quotes. Please see below for links to examples:
- An interview with Deloitte Global Chairman David Cruickshank, 'Deloitte Global Chairman Champions Social Progress Index', inForbes
- Irish Times article by Deloitte Ireland Managing Partner, Brenden Jennings; 'Widening the debate about what social progress would look like'
- An opinion piece on social progress and the Global Goals, by Deloitte in the Philippines Managing Partner, Greg Navarro, in The Manila Times
- A thought piece in Tanzania's The Citizen and shared with clients by Deloitte in Tanzania
- An insights piece in Deloitte Luxembourg's Inside Magazine by George Kioes
- Watch the El Youm Fi Sa'a Show, which interviews Rashid Bashir, strategy consulting Partner at Deloitte Middle East on CNBC Arabia (Arabic)
- An opinion piece by Deloitte Iceland's Managing Partner, Sigurdur Pall Hauksson, in Viðskiptablaðið (Icelandic)
- An opinion peice by Deloitte Guatemala Partner, Walter Martinez in Siglio 21 (Spanish)
- An opinion piece by Deloitte in Costa Rica Managing Partner, Alan Saborio, in El Financeiro (Spanish)
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.