Oil and Gas Reality Check 2015
A look at the top issues facing the oil and gas sector
Deloitte’s Global Energy & Resources group is delighted to introduce its 2015 report which focuses on six challenges impacting the oil and gas sector globally (and the upstream market in particular).
In terms of an overarching theme, the 2015 Oil and Gas Reality Check highlights that industry fundamentals are being called into question: declining oil prices have taken their toll on the industry; North America’s ongoing move towards energy independence continues to reverberate across world markets; OPEC is under pressure; predictions for global energy trade are evolving; and the growth of megaprojects is losing speed.
Issues covered in the report:
- Shift in supply-demand fundamentals
- New trade patterns emerging
- OPEC: under pressure
- LNG prices: a buyer’s market
- Investing in innovation: the cost of complexity
- National and integrated oil companies: evolving dynamics
Oil and Gas Reality Check 2014
The 2014 Oil and Gas Reality Check takes an overarching view of five main topics impacting the oil and gas sector, and outlines the challenges each may present to industry participants and resource owners. While the reader may find some overlap with the topics presented in the 2013 edition of Reality Check, many of the implications and suppositions associated with this year’s themes are different, as another year has brought change to the industry fundamentals underlying each. These fundamentals include macroeconomic conditions, the supply-demand balance, regulatory constructs, cost components, commodity prices, competitive behavior, and the impact of geopolitics, which is now even more pronounced, and the related use of energy as a diplomatic tool.
Issues covered in the report include:
- Global energy – North American revolution
- Energy supplies – New sources, new geopolitics
- Energy mix – A change in the global order
- Energy production – Oil and gas megaprojects call for new project management strategies
- Energy nationalism – Driven by greed, fear, and pride
Oil and Gas Reality Check 2013
This report explores the industry fundamentals of each trend - the supply, demand, macroeconomic, regulatory, cost, price and competitive behavior factors – allowing us to draw insights and describe what may unfold over the short and the long-term.
- Shale gas – a global or regional resource?
- LNG pricing – the end of oil indexation?
- Resource nationalism – entering a period of low tide?
- NOCs – capturing the playing field
- Managing market complexity
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.