2014 Global Aerospace and Defense Industry Outlook
The Global A&D industry outlook shows revenue growth in the 5 percent range is expected for the industry in 2014. The commercial aerospace sector is expected to continue its significant revenue and earnings growth, while continued declines are expected for the global defense sector.
2014 Global aerospace and defense sector financial performance study
An analysis of the top 100 A&D companies’ financial performance in 2013
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited’s Global Manufacturing Industry group 2014 Global aerospace and defense sector financial performance study is an assessment of the 2013 financial performance of 100 major global aerospace and defense (A&D) companies using information from public company filings and press releases. The key financial indicators studied include sales revenue, operating earnings, and operating margin. The results presented in this study reveal important observations about the overall global A&D industry.
Key findings from the report
- Global aerospace and defense sector growth slowed down in 2013, with the U.S defense subsector slowdown a key contributor
- Top 10 global A&D companies rankings have changed from prior year, reflecting commercial aerospace growth
- While the A&D sector becomes more global, U.S. companies continue to dominate. Europe is gaining momentum in revenue growth, but losing some ground in profitability
- Profitability is improving across the global A&D industry
- A&D sector share prices outpaced global equity indices
The infographic gives a summary of key financial indicators. It talks about the average performance of A&D companies in 2013:
- Revenue: US$706 billion
- Operating earnings: US$63 billion
- Operating margin: 8.9%
- Return on invested capital: 17.0%
- Free cash flow: 5.1%
- Number of A&D employees: 2,042,252
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.