Dbriefs Webcasts feature our professionals discussing critical issues that affect your business.
Deloitte professionals recognized for excellence in indirect tax
Please read the press release to learn more.
Deloitte International Tax Source
DITS allows users to view and compare tax information for different jurisdictions, including tax rates and other information of interest to multinationals. The new, mobile-friendly version features jurisdiction-specific pages linking to relevant DITS content, and easier search results navigation.
Indirect Tax Automation News
Quarterly newsletter covering changes in the indirect tax laws in the EU impacting ERP and related systems and developments in the area of indirect tax automation.
The Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation - 2014 Country Guide
The authoritative “Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation - 2014 Country Guide" compiles essential information regarding customs-related requirements and implications of related party pricing adjustments in key jurisdictions around the world.
Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and customs and trade issues around the globe.
- Canada: New form and filing requirement for GST/HST closely related companies election from 1 January 2015.
- Canada: Treatment of downward transfer pricing adjustments.
- Colombia: Additional protocol to Pacific Alliance Agreement signed.
- Costa Rica: Amendment to General Sales Tax regime for multilevel marketing.
- Costa Rica: Changes in General Sales Tax calculation for carbonated beverages.
- Mexico: Extension to period in which vehicles can be imported into Sonora State without bond or deposit.
- Mexico: Protocol approved to Economic Complementation Agreement between Mexico and Cuba regarding dispute settlement procedure.
- Mexico: Modifications to Foreign Trade Rules and Criteria of the Ministry of Economy regarding export permits for iron minerals and import permits for textiles and apparel.
- Mexico: Rules concerning importation of textile and apparel goods.
- United States: Michigan - New law imposes affiliate nexus and click-through nexus standards with rebuttable presumptions.
- China: Adjustment of export VAT refund rates for selected products as from 1 January 2015.
- China: Battery and coating products included in scope of Consumption Tax.
- India: High Court judgment on sales tax on use of brand name by subsidiaries.
- India: The Supreme Court upholds the constitutional validity of the levy of sales tax on the processing and supply of photographs, photo prints and negatives.
- India: A Madras High Court judgment on whether multifunctional network printers are classified as computer peripherals.
- Indonesia: Government imposes safeguard duties on construction steel.
- Indonesia:Planned review of Indonesia-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement.
- Japan: Japan Customs publishes guidance on the self-certification system under the Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement
- Singapore: Singapore Customs has released guidance regarding the export of dutiable goods from licensed warehouses.
- Vietnam: A Customs law decree has been issued, including a number of changes to procedures.
- Trade Preferences: Japan- Australia: The Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement has entered into force
- Denmark: A bill has been introduced concerning the implementation of a reverse charge rule on the domestic supply of gas and electricity.
- Denmark: There have been changes to the rules regarding the storage of electronic accounting records.
- Eurasian Economic Union:The Agreement on the Eurasian Economic Union came into effect on 1 January 2015.
- Eurasian Economic Union: The customs duty rate in relation to some types of separators has been amended.
- Eurasian Economic Union: There have been changes to the Foreign Economic Activity Commodity Nomenclature of the Eurasian Economic Union regarding precious and semi-precious stones.
- European Union: The European Commission has published an updated edition of its list of VAT rates applied in each EU Member State.
- France: France has implemented an optional VAT reverse charge for imports.
- France: Advocate-General Maciej Szpunar has delivered his opinion on the VAT treatment of secondhand car breakdown warranties.
- Italy: The Ministry of Economy and Finance has made available the text of the implementing decree for the split payment procedure, and the tax authorities have provided some further clarification about the scope of the new rules.
- Italy: There has been a Supreme Court decision regarding the application of the VAT rules regarding the transfer of a going concern.
- Italy: There is an update on excise duty rates for alcoholic products and certain energy products.
- Italy: The deadline for the use of electronic documents for certain excise purposes has been deferred.
- Italy: The customs local clearance procedure can now also apply to an authorization issued to the direct customs representative.
- Italy: Decrease to tax credit for relief for fuel used by owners of taxi license and ‘rental with driver’ authorization.
- Italy: Annual excise duty returns for electricity and natural gas
- Italy: Payment of customs duty via transfer.
- Kazakhstan: There have been changes to a number of VAT and customs laws, including payment deadlines for import VAT and excise duty for goods released into domestic circulation, classification of goods for customs purposes, in-house customs audits, the filing of documents for the customs declaration of goods, and the responsibilities of declarants.
- Netherlands: Judgment in case regarding VAT deduction for certain expenses incurred by a holding company.
- Poland: Judgment confirming 100% input VAT deduction in respect of company cars.
- Portugal: Tax authorities refusing VAT deductions made by branches related to costs then allocated to a head office located abroad.
- Portugal: Practical implications of the new rules for local VAT refunds.
- Portugal: Practical effect of the new rules regarding VAT recovery related to bad debts.
- Russia: VAT treatment of interest received from organizations for granting credit deferment.
- Russia: Decrease in VAT rate for organizations providing internal air transport services.
- Russia: Temporary export customs duty for wheat and meslin.
- Russia: Imported equipment used for iron production will be VAT exempt upon importation.
- Russia: Obligation of taxpayers to make payment of taxes.
- Slovenia: Tax-certified cash registers to become mandatory for taxable persons operating with cash.
- Slovenia: Increased tax rates for financial services and insurance contracts tax.
- United Kingdom: A CJEU reference on the VAT treatment of ‘payment processing’.
For back editions of global indirect tax news, please email a request to email@example.com
Global indirect tax rates
Consult the standard VAT, GST and sales tax rates in 200 locations around the world.
With indirect tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising it’s more critical than ever to manage compliance and cash flows. Deloitte’s indirect tax experts understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of industry knowledge and the growing role of technology.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.