VAT Refund Guide 2016
Global Financial Services Indirect Tax News
Tax Guides and Country Highlights
Deloitte professionals recognized for excellence in indirect tax
Deloitte International Tax Source
Indirect Tax Automation News
The Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation - 2016 Country Guide
Global Indirect Tax Alerts
Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and customs and trade issues around the globe.
- Mexico: The General Administration of Foreign Trade Audit of the Federal Government is to implement a pilot program for performing electronic audits on companies that carry out import and export transactions.
- Mexico: Operations by the Tax Administration Service against undervaluation and avoidance of countervailing duties in the importation of steel products have led to the seizure of more than 3,800 tons of such products, from 2015 to date.
- Canada-Ukraine: The Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement has been signed.
- Colombia: The Colombian Government recently announced the entry into force of new FTAs, with South Korea and Costa Rica.
- Mexico-Argentina: Mexico and Argentina have signed 17 cooperation agreements, including a review of Economic Complementation Agreement 6.
- Mexico-Brazil: The Fourth Round of Negotiations for the expansion and deepening of the Economic Complementation Agreement 53 between Mexico and Brazil has been concluded.
- China: The China Customs Audit Regulations have been revised.
- India: The Constitution Amendment Bill for GST has been passed by Parliament.
- India: There has been an increase in VAT rates in the State of Bihar.
- India: There has been clarification regarding the application of service tax on freight forwarders involved in the transportation of goods from India.
- India: Mandatory warehousing requirements have been removed for STPIs, EOUs, EHTPs, BTPs.
- Kazakhstan: Orders have been issued regarding imports that are exempt from VAT.
- Kazakhstan: A Resolution and an Order have been issued regarding the import and export of precious stones, jewellery and other items, and unrefined natural diamonds.
- Kazakhstan: Rules have been issued regarding shipping documentation for tobacco items.
- European Union: The European Commission has launched a consultation on reduced VAT rates for e-books, etc.
- European Union: The European Commission has issued an updated list of cross-border rulings.
- Denmark: The tax authorities have issued a new binding instruction repealing the scheme for postage outlay, with effect from 1 January 2017.
- Denmark: The tax authorities have confirmed that the supply of electricity and water to vessels used for navigation on the high seas is free of VAT.
- Denmark: The tax authorities have confirmed that the rental of oil tanks and associated services are services regarding the rental of real estate.
- Denmark: The tax authorities have considered whether the reconstruction of vessels creates a fixed establishment for VAT purposes.
- Denmark: The Danish Tax Board has published a binding ruling on a 'reverse Skandia case' - a foreign head office which is part of a VAT group supplying services to a Danish branch.
- Denmark: The first rulings with regards to the VAT treatment of the management of pension funds have been published.
- Denmark: There is an update on the replacement of Certificates of Origin.
- Italy: The Customs and Monopoly Agency have provided clarifications and operative guidelines on certain measurement systems to be applied for excise assessment purposes, and have issued the decision form to be adopted at the end of procedures to authorize a comprehensive guarantee.
- Portugal: There are a number of changes to VAT legislation and circulation tax.
- Portugal: A new excise duties refund scheme will apply to road freight companies.
- Russia: An online forum has been launched by the Russian Federal Tax Service for discussions on issues relating to VAT on services provided electronically by foreign companies to individuals in Russia.
- Russia: A draft law is being prepared regarding the application of VAT to export operations.
- Russia: The Supreme Court has confirmed VAT recovery based on VAT invoices issued in the name of a non-existent entity.
- Russia: Pharmaceutical goods and radiotronics have been included in the list of goods without analogues produced in Russia.
- Russia: There is a temporary prohibition of export from Russia of semi-finished leather.
- South Africa: Anti-dumping duties on bolts and nuts of iron or steel from China have been terminated.
- Turkey: A new Tax Amnesty Law has been enacted. If taxpayers apply to benefit from the Law within the prescribed period, past tax liabilities can be significantly reduced and potential penalties will not be applied.
- Ukraine: From 1 August 2016, the customs authorities, businesses and the state supervisory agencies have moved to a unified electronic database - a 'single window' system.
- Ukraine: The National Bank of Ukraine has eased payment terms for import and export transactions.
- Ukraine: There is a temporary reduction in used car excise duty.
- United Arab Emirates: VAT in the UAE and the wider Gulf Cooperation Council is expected in January 2018 or January 2019 at the latest.
- United Kingdom: 'Use and enjoyment' applies to insured repairs from 1 October 2016.
- United Kingdom: The tax authorities have published a consultation document on the proposed Soft Drinks Industry Levy.
- Ukraine-Canada: The Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement has been signed.
Eurasian Economic Union
- Eurasian Economic Union: Resolutions have entered into force regarding the EEU integrated system of tariff preferences.
- Eurasian Economic Union: There have been amendments to the classifiers used to complete customs declarations.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Customs declaration forms and procedures have been amended.
- Eurasian Economic Union: Non-tariff regulation measures have been amended.
- Eurasian Economic Union: A list of goods recognized as significant for the internal EEU market and the export of which may be temporarily banned or restricted has been approved.
- Eurasian Economic Union: There have been amendments to the EEU integrated customs tariffs.
- Eurasian Economic Union: A temporary zero import customs duty rate has been introduced on aluminum fluoride.
For back editions of global indirect tax news, please email a request to email@example.com
Global indirect tax rates