Dbriefs Webcasts feature our professionals discussing critical issues that affect your business.
Deloitte professionals recognized for excellence in indirect tax
Please read the press release to learn more.
Deloitte International Tax Source
DITS allows users to view and compare tax information for different jurisdictions, including tax rates and other information of interest to multinationals. The new, mobile-friendly version features jurisdiction-specific pages linking to relevant DITS content, and easier search results navigation.
Indirect Tax Automation News
Quarterly newsletter covering changes in the indirect tax laws in the EU impacting ERP and related systems and developments in the area of indirect tax automation.
The Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation - 2015 Country Guide
The authoritative “Link Between Transfer Pricing and Customs Valuation - 2015 Country Guide" compiles essential information regarding customs-related requirements and implications of related party pricing adjustments in key jurisdictions around the world.
Global Indirect Tax News
Monthly newsletter covering VAT, goods and services tax, sales tax issues, and customs and trade issues around the globe.
- Colombia: Assets not correctly described in an import declaration may be treated as not cleared for import.
- Colombia: Tariff benefits for renewable energy promotion will not apply until they are regulated by the Ministry of Energy.
- Australia: Government announces intention to charge GST on intangibles supplied from offshore.
- China: Regional Customs Integrative Clearance Reform.
- India: Increase in Madhya Pradesh VAT rate.
- India: The Foreign Trade Policy 2015-2020 has been introduced, with effect from 1 April 2015.
- Japan: The 2015 tax reform bills were enacted on 31 March 2015 without significant modification. The highlights in relation to JCT include the increase in the JCT rate from 8% to 10% on 1 April 2017 and the change in the place of supply rules for cross-border digital services from 1 October 2015.
- Malaysia: Implementation of GST from 1 April 2015 and amendments to GST Orders for zero-rated supplies, exempt supplies and supplies granted relief from GST.
- Singapore: The Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore have issued their revised GST e-tax guide for the fund management industry.
- Thailand: Progress towards establishment of export controls on dual-use items.
- Belgium: The Belgian VAT authorities have released guidance on how the outcome of the CJEU Skandia judgment will affect the Belgian VAT rules.
- European Union: EU cross-border rulings trial extended to 30 September 2018.
- Finland: Supreme Administrative Court decision regarding the liability to self account for VAT on the cleaning of real estate.
- Finland: Amendment of the VAT Act as of 1 January 2016 regarding small businesses.
- Germany: CJEU decides that supplies of staff to care homes were not exempt.
- Germany: Advocate General’s opinion that holding company input VAT deductible.
- Israel: Under draft guidelines released by the tax authorities, foreign businesses ‘with substantial business activities’ in Israel may be required to register for VAT.
- Italy: Approval of implementing decree regarding e-commerce place of supply rules.
- Italy: MOSS web portal details issued.
- Italy: Application of the extended reverse charge rules.
- Italy: New TR form issued to implement new VAT refund procedure.
- Italy: Application of the new VIES rules.
- Italy: VAT warehouse regime.
- Italy: Italy takes part in joined EU action for application of VAT reduced rate to e-books
- Italy: ‘Black list’ updated.
- Italy: Tax agreement between Italy and the Holy See.
- Kazakhstan: Customs duties rates on crude oil and oil products.
- Netherlands: Reduced VAT rate for renovation and maintenance of houses to no longer apply from 1 July 2015.
- Netherlands: Customer’s name and address no longer required on invoices for purchase of electricity, etc. intended for land vehicles.
- Poland: Suspension of 50% VAT deduction for fuel used in passenger cars.
- Poland: Expansion of the catalogue of goods subject to the reverse charge mechanism and of joint responsibility.
- Portugal: The Superior Administrative Court considers the CJEU decision in Banco Mais.
- Portugal: Reduction of reduced and intermediate VAT rates applicable in the Autonomous Region of Azores.
- Russia: Changes in VAT rates for internal air carriage and suburban railway carriage.
- Russia: Amendments to the list of technological equipment the import of which is not subject to VAT.
- Russia: Exemption from administrative liability where there is a voluntary correction of invalid data in a customs declaration after the release of the goods.
- Russia: Decision of the Constitutional Court on the legality of conditions for exemption from customs duties for goods imported as in-charter capital contributions.
- Russia: A temporary export customs duty on wheat has been introduced.
- Ukraine: Imports of some categories of waste and scrap are exempt from VAT.
- Ukraine: Extension of casing and tubing import quota.
- Ukraine: WTO consultations on temporary import surcharge.
- United Kingdom: A number of indirect tax announcements were included in the UK Budget on 18 March 2015 and, where applicable, the Finance Act 2015, which was enacted on 26 March 2015.
- United Kingdom: Recovery of input VAT on pension fund management costs.
For back editions of global indirect tax news, please email a request to email@example.com
Global indirect tax rates
Consult the standard VAT, GST and sales tax rates in 200 locations around the world.
With indirect tax becoming many governments' preferred method of revenue raising it’s more critical than ever to manage compliance and cash flows. Deloitte’s indirect tax experts understand the nuances of regulations, the importance of industry knowledge and the growing role of technology.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.