Used smartphones: the $17 billion market you may never have heard of
Deloitte predicts that in 2016 consumers will sell outright or trade-in approximately 120 million used smartphones generating more than $17 billion for their owners, at an average value of $140 per device. Read more of this prediction.
TMT Predictions 2016
Discover the major Technology, Media & Telecommunication trends that will impact your business
Welcome to the 2016 edition of Deloitte’s predictions for the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) sectors. These Predictions reveal the perspectives gained from hundreds of conversations with industry leaders, and tens of thousands of consumer interviews across the globe.
Our objective with TMT Predictions is to identify critical inflection points that we believe should inform industry strategic thinking, and to explain how we think these will manifest over the next 12-18 months for companies in Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT), and other industries.
Technology - TMT Predictions 2016
Explore the future in Technology:
- Touch Commerce: the mobile online checkout gets an express lane
- Women in IT jobs: it is about education, but also about more than just education
- Trailing millennials are the pro-PC, not the post-PC, generation
- Graphene: research now, reap next decade
Media - TMT Predictions 2016
Explore the future in Media:
- Virtual reality (VR): a billion dollar niche
- US TV: erosion, not implosion
- eSports — Bigger and smaller than you think
- The award for stable box office revenues in the face of digital media goes to…
- Mobile ad-blockers: saved by the app?
- European football scores $30 billion
- Mobile games: leading but less lucrative
Telecommunications - TMT Predictions 2016
TMT Predictions 2016 overview and Technology, Media, and Telecommunications sector overview videos
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.