Setting up in Ireland
What can we do for you?
Setting up in any jurisdiction can be difficult with so many areas to consider, incorporation, tax registration, initial payments, re-locating staff, employment.
In this brochure we provide you with a checklist of the initial matters to be considered and provide you with the contacts to those who can assist you so that setting up in Ireland becomes a quick and easy process.
Corporate and legal services
- Incorporate company within 2-5 working days or provide ready-made company with suitable name, objects clause, memorandum and articles of association and share structure.
- Provide suitable resident director
- Provide company secretary
- Provide nominee shareholders
- Provide registered office facility
- Mail forwarding service.
- Minute taking and facilitate holding of meetings
- Notarising and legalising of documentation
Routine Annual Compliance
- Update and maintain Statutory Registers
- Preparation and filing of Annual Return and Financial Statements
- Drafting of Minutes to convene and hold Annual General Meeting
- Annual health check
Outsourcing and accounting services
- In a start-up situation, many clients do not wish to incur the additional cost
involved in setting up their own accounts department.
- By working closely with Payroll services, VAT, Income tax and Corporation tax, our
outsource services team offers a comprehensive service, including bookkeeping,
debtor and creditor management, bill paying, regular management reports and
liaising with external auditors.
- We tailor our services to meet the needs of our clients and their reporting requirements and deadlines.
Our core services
- Accounts payable function
- Payments preparation and processing
- Accounts receivable function
- Fixed assets register
- Monthly, quarterly or yearly accounts preparation
- Revenue returns
- Liaison with external auditors
Furthermore we offer:
- Financial Statements preparation – Shareholder and Abridged
Tax registration and compliance
- Register company for Irish Corporation Tax, VAT and Payroll, as necessary
- Assistance with all tax filing, reporting and payment deadlines
Corporate tax issues
- Guidance on the necessary steps to ensure company is resident (managed and
- controlled) and trading in Ireland for tax purposes
- Consider any Permanent Establishment issues
- Determine if any tax incentives are available including R&D regime, IP regime or
Company start-up exemption
- Consider if a tax efficient financing structure can be implemented
VAT and Stamp Duty issues
- Consider the VAT implications of all transactions
- Consider stamp duty on property lease and other asset acquisitions
- Assistance with any grant application and business plan for submission to IDA
- Ireland, including review of the tax status of any grants
- Other areas in which we can assist
Obtaining Revenue pinions
- Assistance with intercompany agreements
- Review of transfer pricing strategy
- Consideration of withholding taxes
Global employer services
- Guidance on employer withholding and reporting obligations in respect of directors and employees, both local and assignees
- Design and implementation of suitable HR policies for local employees
- Advice on tax effective remuneration packages for local staff including pension plansn
- Advice regarding the most suitable structure for assignments to minimise costs
- Overview of the tax treatment of directorships and advice regarding optimal structuring of arrangements with executive and non-executive directors
- Equity compensation design and implementation