Deloitte Football Money League 2015
Welcome to the 18th edition of the Deloitte Football Money League in which we profile the highest earning clubs in the world’s most popular sport. This highly-anticipated report is developed annually by the Sports Business Group of the Deloitte UK member firm.
Published just eight months after the end of the 2013/14 season, the Money League is the most contemporary and reliable analysis of the clubs’ relative financial performance.
Combined revenue for the top 20 Money League clubs reached €6.2 billion in 2013/14, an increase of 14% on the previous year.
Manchester United rose two places to second place, joining Real Madrid as the only clubs to earn over €500m, with Los Merengues recording their tenth consecutive year at the top of the Money League. It is possible that the top five clubs in next year’s edition could all generate in excess of half a billion euros.
Commercial and broadcast revenues are now more important than ever to clubs, to enable them to compete financially to put the best talent on the pitch. This has led to further dominance of the Money League by clubs from the ‘big five’ European leagues, with only one club – Galatasaray - making the top 20 from outside of those leagues. The new Premier League broadcast deals resulted in eight English clubs ranked within the top 20 this year and all 20 Premier League clubs made the top 40 globally.
As well as reading the full report and infographic (below), you can also view a concise version of the report on SlideShare.
For previous editions, back to 2006, please click on the links here below, or contact us directly:
- Deloitte Football Money League 2014, All to play for
- Deloitte Football Money League 2013, Captains of industry
- Deloitte Football Money League 2012, Fan Power
- Deloitte Football Money League 2011, The Untouchables
- Deloitte Football Money League 2010, Spanish Masters
- Deloitte Football Money League 2009, Lost in translation
- Deloitte Football Money League 2008, Gate receipts
- Deloitte Football Money League 2007, The reign in Spain
- Deloitte Football Money League 2006, Changing of the guard
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.