Life at Deloitte
Student opportunities in Consulting
Become part of a team that’s renowned not just for the strength of its strategic thinking and advisory expertise, but also for the positive impact it makes on a huge range of businesses. In doing so, you’ll get to explore and develop your own fresh ideas. Not to mention the wide-ranging skills that will stand you in good stead however you choose to develop your career.
Some consultancies specialise in long-term strategic thinking; others focus on implementing business improvements. We’re strong across both – and that gives us a number of opportunities to influence business strategies and deliver lasting change to a rich variety of clients, from established multinationals to innovative, technology-led start-ups.
Your role in Consulting
Here, you’ll be helping clients solve some of their most complex problems, all the way from developing the initial ideas to delivering and measuring the end results – all across some wide-ranging projects. You could, for instance, be defining where and how a company should improve its systems and processes, or finding new ways to make the most of its talent. This will involve:
- research and investigation around industries and clients
- gaining competitor knowledge
- interviewing important members of the client management team
- building relationships and personal networks
- building client relationships
- presenting work to clients or internal teams
- studying towards a professional qualification
- Please note that for Consulting in London we are now only accepting applications for Technology.
- Applicants for Consulting - Technology in London must have relevant work experience or a STEM degree in order to be considered.
Who we look for
The work we do in Consulting is a varied as it is challenging and exciting. To succeed here, you need to be:
- highly motivated
- bright and inquisitive
- willing to travel
- genuinely interested in getting to know different businesses – and influencing the way they work.