Optimising value from capital projects
Major projects of this scale often have a capital value greater than the turnover of many FTSE 250 companies and it can often feel like a high-wire act to lead them to a successful conclusion.
Capital projects represent a major investment for any organisation and are becoming increasingly complex in many sectors. Common challenges include:
- Establishing the optimum delivery strategy and governance structures
- Accessing the appropriate finance to maintain competitive advantage
- Allocating investment efficiently to maximise benefits, mitigate risks and remove waste
- Managing increasingly diverse stakeholder relationships and greater public scrutiny
- Creating and maintaining oversight and foresight through information management
- Controlling cost and improving value for money
- Managing projects with unique cultural, regulatory and contractual risks
- Delivering an operation, not just an asset – achieving operational readiness to deliver an integrated, effective operation from day one.
Enhancing performance across the project lifecycle
Deloitte’s market-leading capital projects team has helped set up, build and operate many of the world’s largest and most complex capital projects. The team offers a unique blend of financial, operational and technical services across the entire project lifecycle.
Thanks to the breadth of our experience across the infrastructure sector and the depth of our capabilities, Deloitte is in a unique position to offer a bespoke service that provides an exceptional level of insight and an over-arching view of the issues that will block or drive the success of major projects.
For more information or to discuss your capital project, please contact us at email@example.com.
Making a success of multi-billion pound projects that extend over several years is 50% competence and 50% confidence. Deloitte provides clients with both.