Healthcare and Life Sciences Predictions 2020
A bold future?
The Deloitte Centre for Health Solutions has revealed a bold vision for the Healthcare and Life Sciences sector in 2020. The report, which launched at the 2014 FT Global Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Conference, sets out ten provocative predictions for 2020.
Healthcare and Life Sciences Predictions 2020 is based on an observation of trends, events and bold steps that, if accelerated over the next five years and beyond, will paint a picture of a very different world in 2020. The report aims to challenge assumptions and provide thought-provoking visions to enable you to have rich dialogue within your organisation about future scenarios and how best to respond.
The predictions share a number of common themes, including shifting industry priorities, diminishing geographic boundaries, the evolution of an informed health consumer and, most noticeably, how technology is going to be a game-changer over the next five years.
The ten predictions for 2020
- Health consumers in 2020
Informed and demanding patients are now partners in their own healthcare
- Health care delivery systems in 2020
The era of digitised medicine - new business models drive new ideas
- Wearables and mHealth applications in 2020
Measuring quality of life not just clinical indicators
- Big Data in 2020
Health data is pervasive – requiring new tools and provider models
- Regulation in 2020
Regulations reflect the convergence of technology and science
- Research and Development in 2020
The networked laboratory - partnerships and big data amidst new scrutiny
- The pharmaceutical commercial model in 2020
Local is important but with a shift from volume to value
- The pharmaceutical enterprise configuration - the back office in 2020
Single, global and responsible for insight enablement
- New business models in emerging markets in 2020
Still emerging, but full of creativity for the world
- Impact of behaviours on corporate reputation in 2020
A new dawn of trust
Supply Chain Predictions 2020
The Supply Chain Predictions supplement explores the ten provocative predictions set out in Deloitte’s main Healthcare and Life Sciences Predictions 2020 report and their impact on supply chain.
The report investigates some fundamental questions for supply chain leaders:
- Will supply chains segmented by product and market characteristics become common practice?
- How can supply chains be globally adapted, while maintaining regional relevance?
- Are we going to see supply IT systems fully integrated into clinical ones?
- Will a patient-focused approach galvanise the supply chain organisation to move beyond just the delivery of a product?
- Is the supply chain going to have direct interaction with patients?
- Will we see a shift to a “speciality” model of supply chains?
Sign up to receive email updates
The UK Deloitte Centre for Health Solutions generates research and insights based on the key trends, challenges and opportunities across the healthcare and life sciences industry. Please sign up to receive upcoming thought leadership publications, events and blogs from the UK Centre.