Life at Deloitte
CORE Leadership Program
Helping veterans transition to the business sector
The Career Opportunity Redefinition & Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program at Deloitte University, in Westlake, TX helps armed forces members and veterans translate their skills, knowledge, and experiences into a business environment.
Program participants access Deloitte’s award-winning leadership development curriculum, and learn how to identify their unique edge and make a career choice based on their personal passions. Specifically, the CORE Leadership Program helps veterans and armed forces members:
- Define their personal brand, identify their strengths, and be able tell their own story
- Learn innovative networking strategies and communication techniques, which include best practices in using social media, through personalized and repetitive employment simulations
- Interact and network, from the start of the program, with Deloitte leaders as well as professionals from the public and private sectors
- Gain access to other alumni of the CORE Leadership Program
To be eligible for the program, individuals should:
- Have separated from the armed forces in the past 9 months OR be active duty members who will be separating in the next 3-6 months
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Have 4-8 years of military service
- Be interested in transitioning to the corporate world
- Want to work with Deloitte leaders who have extensive experience across industries to translate their leadership abilities and experiences into a business context
- Be looking to make an investment in their own career development, positioning themselves for future success
- Be able to commit to being at Deloitte University in Westlake, TX for the entire event (all travel and accommodation expenses will be provided)
Check back soon for more information on the next CORE session.
Deloitte’s commitment to veterans and inclusion
At Deloitte, we foster an inclusive culture where all leaders thrive, and we’re proud to support armed forced members and veterans and their families. So when President Obama challenged American businesses to lead the charge in getting 100,000 unemployed veterans and their spouses hired and trained by the end of this year, former CEO Joe Echevarria pledged that Deloitte would lead from the front and embrace veterans. To support the White House’s Joining Forces initiative, we committed to set a goal of doubling our veteran hiring numbers over the next three years.
To help facilitate the transition for armed forces members and veterans from military service to workforce re-entry, Deloitte is hosting the CORE Leadership Program and increasing the number of Deloitte Day Open Houses for veterans. Deloitte will continue to support our veterans and armed forces members in a variety of other ways as well, which includes sponsoring events and programs such as the Warrior Games.
Deloitte strives to be the professional services organization where the brightest and most talented leaders want to be. The backgrounds and experiences of our people are as diverse as our business offerings, and we rely on the rich, varied experiences of our people to help shape the quality of service to our clients. Transitioning armed forces members and veterans bring invaluable skills, knowledge, experience, and insights that further enrich the diversity of our teams.