Financial Reporting Alerts
Issued as needed to highlight up-to-the-minute accounting, regulatory, or other developments that may require immediate action or that may affect financial reporting and disclosure.
Most Recent Financial Reporting Alert
Financial reporting considerations related to pension and other postretirement benefits
Financial Reporting Alert 15-4
This Financial Reporting Alert, which updates Financial Reporting Alert 14-4, highlights accounting considerations related to the calculations and disclosures entities provide under U.S. GAAP in connection with their defined benefit pension and other postretirement benefit plans. This update includes a discussion of (1) the use of individual spot rates along the yield curve (as opposed to the traditional single weighted-average rate) to measure the service cost and interest cost components of net periodic benefit cost, (2) the discount rate selection method, (3) an entity’s use of a yield curve developed by a third party to support its discount rate, and (4) the relationship between the health care trend rate and the discount rate used in postretirement benefit plans other than pension plans.
Recent Financial Reporting Alerts
- 15-3 (Revised), Employers’ accounting for defined benefit plans — Alternatives for applying discount rates to measure benefit cost
- 15-2, Financial reporting implications related to regions experiencing economic struggles
- 15-1, Foreign currency exchange accounting implications of recent government actions in Venezuela
- 14-5, Consolidation and disclosure considerations related to Venezuelan operations
- 14-4, Financial reporting considerations related to pension and other postretirement benefits
- 14-3, Segment reporting
- 14-2, Accounting for the branded pharmaceutical drug annual fee — Effect of the final IRS regulations issued in July 2014
- 14-1, Foreign currency exchange accounting implications of recent government actions in Venezuela
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.