Benefits and rewards
Leading from the front
Deloitte’s Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do—that’s why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and work-life needs.
Paid time off and holidays
PTO gives professionals the flexibility to manage time off in a way that works best for them. Deloitte’s PTO program gives professionals an allotment of days that encompass vacation, personal, and sick time. Actual PTO accrual will depend on the professional’s position and possibly on their years of eligible service. When combined with holidays, there are 35 days off on average with a minimum level of 30 days off per year. To provide additional flexibility, our program includes a carryover provision for unused PTO.
Life and family
Deloitte offers paid time off to bond with a new child, whether that child joins your family through birth or adoption. Primary caregivers—women or men—are offered up to eight weeks of fully-paid parental leave in addition to any short-term disability benefits payable (typically six to eight weeks depending upon type of delivery) and non-primary caregivers are offered up to three weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
Deloitte offers counseling and referral services for professionals who are considering adoption, and reimbursement of up to $5,000 per child for eligible expenses related to an adoption.
Emergency Back-up Dependent Care (adults and children)
This service can be used when you need to be at work and your regular child or adult/elder care is unavailable. Care is available for infants through teenage children and adult relatives of Deloitte employees, up to a maximum of 30 days per employee per fiscal year.
Deloitte offers two sabbatical programs: an unpaid one-month sabbatical that can be taken for any reason; and a three- to six-month sabbatical that can be taken to pursue personal or professional growth opportunities in the areas of career development or volunteerism. While on a three- to six-month sabbatical, professionals continue to receive 40% of their pre-sabbatical base salary.
The program is voluntary and offers:
- An opportunity to achieve personal and professional goals
- Time to refresh and renew to help increase effectiveness, creativity and productivity
- An acknowledgment of hard work and dedication
Deloitte understands that for some, pets are another member of the family. To help cover the cost of health care for your pet, Deloitte offers a pet insurance program—at a special discount for US-based professionals. From routine office visits to significant medical incidents, the Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) provides protection for pets when they need it most. Depending upon the options you choose, your pet's policy can include coverage for a range of conditions related to: illnesses including cancer, routine medical care including vaccinations, de-worming, spay/neuter, and more. Policyholders are free to use any licensed veterinarian anywhere, even while away from home.
Medical, dental and vision
Deloitte's healthcare offerings include competitive medical, dental, and vision plans. Five different national medical plan options with three carriers are available. All of the plans provide:
- 100% coverage for in-network preventive services including well-child (e.g., immunizations), well-woman (e.g., mammogram, Pap smear), and well-man (e.g., prostate testing)
- Access to quality care through national provider networks
- Prescription drug coverage
- Protection against the cost of catastrophic illness or injury
- The ability to see a specialist without a referral
The dental plan provides access to in-network and out-of-network providers and coverage for major dental work including adult and child orthodontia. The dental benefit also includes three dental cleanings per year, with no deductible, paid at 100% of reasonable and customary charges. Deloitte also offers a discount vision benefit at no cost to the participant, as well as a voluntary vision plan that allows participants to elect additional coverage.
FSAs and HSAs
The health care flexible spending account (HCFSA) helps eligible plan participants save money on certain health care expenses—such as eligible medical, dental, and/or vision care expenses not paid by a Deloitte plan—for themselves or their eligible dependents through contributions made to an HCFSA account before-tax. Deloitte’s HCFSA also offers a debit card that allows immediate access to FSA funds when used at participating providers.
The dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) allows participants to set aside up to $5,000 from their before-tax pay for eligible dependent care expenses.
Participants in the High Deductible Health Plan offered by Deloitte may be eligible to establish a Health Savings Account (HSA). Contributing to an HSA provides an opportunity to build a personal fund to pay for current and future qualified health care expenses—tax-free. Similar to an individual retirement account (IRA), money is put away before-tax, investment returns are tax-sheltered, and distributions for qualified health care expenses are tax-free. And HSA participants can also elect to participate in a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, another way to save on eligible vision, dental, and preventive care expenses.
Before Tax Transportation Program
- The Before Tax Transportation program allows participants to save money on qualified parking or commuting costs.
Life insurance and disability
Deloitte offers a range of insurance and disability coverage to help protect professionals and their families from the financial impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Life Insurance includes core coverage for our professionals. Optional life and accident coverage can be purchased for professionals and/or their eligible dependents
- Business Travel Accident (BTA) Insurance is provided at no cost to the participant.
- Deloitte provides Short Term Disability and core Long-Term Disability (STD and LTD) coverage at no cost to the participant. Additional LTD coverage is available for purchase as well.
Deloitte is committed to helping our professionals lead healthy lifestyles. As part of this, Deloitte covers 50% of qualifying health & fitness expenses (gym memberships, gym equipment, Weight Watchers, etc.) up to $500 per year, through our health and fitness subsidy. Deloitte also provides:
In addition, Deloitte’s Wellness program— ove Eat Chill Learn!TM—offers a number of great benefits, including:
- Monthly e-newsletters, which provide tips on how to lead a healthy lifestyle, as well as educational information about medical conditions
- A Move Eat Chill Learn!TM online community of Deloitte professionals who share wellness ideas, information and experiences
- Monthly HealthBites— A recorded webcast featuring specific topics related to health, fitness, nutrition, and other areas of wellness
- And more
Deloitte provides a defined benefit pension plan to help provide income in retirement at no cost to our eligible professionals. The pension plan provides:
- Vesting after three years of continuous service or attainment of age 62 while actively employed, regardless of years of service
- A monthly income for life or a one-time lump sum distribution after retirement
- Competitive cash balance formula
- Normal retirement at age 62
- Retirement as early as age 50 with completion of at least 10 years of service, or age 55 with completion of at least 5 years of service
Deloitte offers a 401(k) savings and investment plan, designed to help participants accumulate wealth in a tax-effective manner. Some plan highlights include:
- Contribute on a before-tax 401(k) basis or alternatively on an after-tax Roth 401(k) basis directly through payroll
- A diverse choice of investment options. Professional investment advice options are available to help you direct your contributions based on your needs and preferences.
- Make the most of Deloitte’s employer 401(k) match formula — $0.25 per dollar on the first 6% of eligible pay you contribute, for employees with at least 60 days of service at the end of the plan year. Participants are 100% vested in their own contributions and the related earnings. For those hired on or after May 29, 2011, employer matching contributions are 100% vested after just four years of continuous service. Partial vesting is available for employees with between one and four years of service.
- The plan allows participants to take a loan while actively employed.
Rewards and recognition
Deloitte’s Rewards and Recognition program rewards individuals and teams who have made unique and outstanding contributions above and beyond the normal expectations of their position, and which support Deloitte’s strategic priorities.
Deloitte’s benefit offerings also include:
- Long-Term Care – voluntary coverage that helps protect you and certain family members from the high costs associated with an extended nursing home stay and home health care services.
- Deloitte Marketplace Employee Discount - provides professionals with access to discounts at more than 28,000 online retailers and hundreds of local restaurants and merchants, including offers that are exclusive to Deloitte professionals.
- Group Legal Plan – voluntary coverage that enables you to receive a comprehensive set of personal legal services from a panel of participating law firms or from your own attorney.
- Employee Assistance Program and Lifeworks - Whether you or family members face marital difficulties, gambling problems, learning disabilities, drug or alcohol dependency, or other problems, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers support and guidance. Deloitte also has a relationship with Lifeworks to provide education, information and practical solutions to support work-life fit.
- Military Leave program - includes differential pay and is part of Deloitte’s commitment to our military professionals
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Graduate School Assistance Program
- And more…!
No general explanation can adequately provide all the details of each plan. This general explanation does not change, expand, or otherwise interpret the terms of any plan. If there is any conflict between the plan documents and this description or any written or oral communication by an individual representing the plans, the terms of the plan documents (as interpreted by the plan administrator in its sole discretion) will be followed in determining the rights and benefits under each plan.