What government agencies should consider when collecting data
Through Discovery Insights, we help to break down the complexities of current discovery topics by answering the five questions you need to know about issue.
Deloitte Discovery government sector
eDiscovery services for federal and state government
Deloitte’s Government Sector discovery practice has provided secure litigation support and discovery management services to federal and state agencies since 1994. We cover the full spectrum of discovery services. Our team of professionals applies innovative solutions to accomplish your mission. Deloitte has assisted Legal, IT and Records Managers on hundreds of cases over the years. We have the knowledge and experience to tackle the toughest discovery and litigation support issues. We seek to deploy the latest technologies and tailor strategies to meet your specific needs.
Industry-leading eDiscovery experience
Since 1994, Deloitte has:
- Pioneered the creation of online document review and web-based document repositories, enabling federal agencies to quickly and accurately manage large, complex discovery matters
- Supported federal agencies on over 1,400 cases including labor and employment, environmental, contracts, and FOIA litigation; across 15 agencies
- Used the latest technologies and advanced search techniques to significantly reduce the number of documents requiring review, saving federal agencies significant time and money
- Built a knowledgebase for the identification, review, and collection of documents from Federal Records Centers, enabling us to standardize processes and hit the ground running with any new federal agency clients
- Developed a deep understanding of the security requirements for litigation and other highly sensitive government documents
- Worked extensively with agency IT staff and records managers to facilitate the location of data and devise strategies to improve processes for future discovery efforts
- Starting in 2008 launched the Electronic Discovery Symposium for Government Agencies, the premier symposium for federal discovery education
- Since 2005, presented more than 100 Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes to hundreds government personnel
- Offered subject matter experts and trial support, as well as the collection, processing and review of data from mobile devices
- Awarded an ISO certification for Discovery Management (ISO 9001:2008)
Litigation Support and Discovery Management Services provided by IE Discovery Inc., acquired by Deloitte in 2012.
Data and IT securing protocols
Deloitte is at the leading-edge of data and IT security initiatives. We have implemented multiple computing enclaves and adhere to strict protocols to meet the rigorous security requirements established on behalf of our Federal clients. These enclaves and protocols are managed in accordance with both the NIST 800-series requirements, as well as with Department of Defense Instruction 8500.1/.2 to support information assurance processes. These security protocols are implemented to manage a variety sensitive data that Deloitte is required to store, process, and transfer in support of our Federal clients.
Deloitte has extensive experience with the Federal Certification and Accreditation process and has received an official Authority to Operate (ATO) to support numerous federal agencies. We understand that safeguarding personally identifiable information is of critical importance. As such, Deloitte has created a National Office of Privacy that has the following responsibilities to safeguard the PII of our personnel and clients, including:
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive Privacy Program across the Deloitte U.S. firms
- Providing counsel to Deloitte U.S. firms on privacy issues
- Coordinating Deloitte U.S. firms’ self-certification to the Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor program
- Designing and implementing enterprise-wide privacy training and awareness programs