Courting the candidate-customer
Brand-conscious companies are redefining the talent acquisition experience by making sure their candidate-customers both gain tangible value from the interview process, and have the capabilities to navigate and succeed within the organization should they be offered a position.
Look first so you can take a bigger leap
Every organization wants to build and maintain a strong leadership bench, secure the supply of critical workforces and keep their people satisfied, motivated and in a state of constant development. In many companies, the programs designed to accomplish these goals were designed before the world became flat and organizational ladders gave way to organizational lattices. When it comes time to rebuild these capabilities, they have a lot of catching up to do.
Organizations facing these complex, urgent talent challenges can be tempted to jump in and start applying piecemeal solutions. That rarely works. A better approach is to understand business priorities, build a foundation of facts, identify gaps in your workforce and then create a talent strategy with associated solutions that bring it all together. No two businesses have identical formulas for talent and assembling a talent strategy requires knowledge across key areas of an organization’s goals, metrics, differentiators and infrastructure.
How we can help
Deloitte’s integrated talent approach helps clients align their business and workforce strategies to achieve their enterprise goals through five key business triggers: Mergers & Acquisitions, rapid business growth, retention, employee engagement and workforce planning & analytics. We work to gain a deep understanding of your employee populations and help you see your workforce as a value driver. From there, it’s all about creating and implementing solutions that put the right people with the right skills in the right roles at the right time. We approach talent management as an investment in programs, processes and technologies that delivers a measurable return in improved business performance.
Our professionals can build a rigorous business case for any investment in talent—and track return on investment continually. We use data mining, statistical analysis and predictive modeling to demonstrate the increased value that talent strategies can bring to an organization. We deliver:
- Talent strategy and design: determining future talent strategy, which includes activities such as talent diagnostics and developing a talent roadmap for sequencing and implementing talent solutions
- Process articulation and optimization: defining and streamlining core HR talent processes
- Competency modeling: developing competency models to help enable execution of performance management plans and support learning and development
- Workforce planning and analytics: predictive modeling that enhances the way clients understand the skills that currently exist in the workforce today and analyzes existing data to plan for future talent needs
- Talent operations, process and technology: implementing talent operations and technology solutions to enable talent programs and processes
- Talent programs and policies: helping our clients transform their compensation and benefit programs, benchmarking them against their competitors and defining and executing differentiating talent solutions