HR Transformation enabled by Oracle Fusion
Preparing for global expansion
Many business leaders are expressing renewed interest in global growth, both through organic expansion and acquisitions. They are looking to Human Resources (HR) to provide detailed workforce projections while filling the pipeline with qualified people ready to fill roles wherever they are needed. Unfortunately, many HR organizations are restrained by diverse systems and processes that are cumbersome, limited, or outdated. The problems swell as enterprises enter new global markets with multiple languages, currencies, and local statutory reporting.
Deloitte Consulting is part of a network of member firms that maintains one of the largest Oracle practices in the world, with access to 13,800 practitioners. We are also a leader in implementing the Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM) suite with dedicated Fusion certified practitioners, specialized tools designed to allow faster deployment with potentially lower risk and offshore capabilities to support our customers’ needs. We combine technical knowledge with a deep understanding of how companies can leverage their human capital and transform operations to generate value and achieve business goals. Learn more about the offering.
Meet our people
- Laura Garbacz, Principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Jeff Altman, Director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- HR transformation strategy and planning
- HR operating model and function design
- Technology adoption
- Talent operations and technology
- Package selection and application strategy
- Actuarial, retirement and benefits strategies
- Compensation strategies
- Benefits administration and operations
- Global mobility transformation
- Workplace flexibility
- Workforce analytics
- Workforce planning
- Leadership services
Learn more about the offering
Translating topline growth into bottom line profits
Many leaders recognize that they are not ready to take advantage of potential growth opportunities and are confronting their technical and strategic limitations. Today’s integrated talent and HR systems can help organizations efficiently analyze their talent risks and opportunities by providing a holistic view of individual employees and workforce groups. By improving performance management, talent assessments, recruitment, and succession planning, many organizations find that they are well positioned to achieve top-line growth that can translate to bottom line profits.
How we can help
Deloitte Consulting is part of a network of member firms that maintains one of the largest Oracle practices in the world, with access to more than 8,000 practitioners. We are also a leader in implementing the Oracle Fusion Human Capital Management (HCM) suite with dedicated Fusion certified practitioners, specialized tools designed to allow deployment with potentially lower risk and offshore capabilities to support our customers’ needs. We combine technical knowledge with a deep understanding of how companies can leverage their human capital and transform operations to generate value and achieve business goals. Here are some of the ways we help organizations:
- Unified HR data and processes. Leaders need ready access to consistent, detailed workforce data to make sound talent-related decisions. Organizations should also incorporate leading business processes into an enterprise-wide HR service delivery model that’s cost effective and scalable to support future growth.
- Global mobility. As companies expand across national borders, few can afford to treat international deployment as a high-touch, high-cost employee service. A smarter approach transforms global mobility into a standard operating practice that’s fast, efficient, and aligned with business and talent strategies.
- Workforce analytics. Today’s workforce analytics go beyond traditional measurements of operational efficiencies to evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs. Statistical models integrate internal and external data to help organizations anticipate future workforce and talent-related behavior and events, helping companies focus limited resources where they’re needed most.
- Talent management. Recruiting, retaining and developing critical talent is a top priority for many business leaders. Organizations that have the ability to create effective performance, development and compensation plans—ones that are tied to organizational goals and that are visible to employees—are more likely to identify and retain top talent and improve job satisfaction statistics.
Our services are designed to help our clients achieve measurable benefits
HR transformation supported by software such as Oracle Fusion can help organizations in their efforts to:
- Streamline management processes across the employee lifecycle, from hire to retirement
- Align business strategy with employees’ performance goals
- Effectively manage global talent pools
- Replacement of disparate systems with a cost-effective, scalable solution
- Create an efficient model for employee and business support
- Improve business decisions by providing ready access to reliable workforce data
- Anticipate talent gaps using predictive workforce analytics
- Strengthen employee and company data privacy
Ways to help achieve value
Our teams have helped many companies around the world make Oracle Fusion part of their day-to-day HR management. Here are a few of the lessons we have learned along the way.
- Enlist support early. A change of this scale is likely to meet resistance from managers and employees. You’ll need strong support from leadership to help others appreciate the long-term benefits that the transformation can generate. gin by building a compelling business case that supports the time and investment required and make sure you have buy-in from senior leaders. Then develop a communication plan to broadcast those benefits to everyone who will be affected by the transformation.
- Avoid burnout. During a transformation, critical people often end up working two jobs. To help avoid burnout, provide efficient support for the project team’s “day jobs” so they are not worried about neglecting their normal responsibilities.
- Keep moving forward. Nothing wastes time and money like revisiting decisions after they have been made. Institute a formal process for making, documenting, and communicating decisions.
- Stay on target. Scope creep threatens on-time and on-budget project completion. Combat it by setting up an approval process that requires documentation for how a new request will support the overall implementation strategy.
HR Transformation in action
- A worldwide leader in the oil and gas industry sector is replacing its disparate performance management records and systems with Fusion Talent Management. Deloitte is helping the organization improve HR performance by streamlining administrative processes, strengthening performance data security, and aligning development activities with the organization’s talent needs. The unified system solution is designed to allow the management team to meet their goals of improving internal talent mobility, workforce productivity, and training effectiveness, while providing a foundation for integrating the organization’s succession and compensation management.
- Deloitte is helping a global beauty products company replace its array of automated and manual HR systems and processes across 15 countries with a unified solution using Oracle Fusion HCM applications, including core HR, performance management, and compensation management modules. In addition to improving HR service delivery, the project will help the organization more effectively manage its global workforce and talent, as well as perform more sophisticated workforce planning activities.
- A fast-growing diversified global supplier of manufacturing technology and services is replacing their legacy human resource management system (HRMS) with Oracle Fusion HCM. Deloitte is supporting the transformation by providing project management, global HR process design, system design, data conversion, project communications, and training. The transformation is on track to achieve management’s goals: improved access to global HR data to support decision making, streamlined compensation plan administration, improved performance management, and tighter alignment of individual goals to the company’s vision and goals.