Health Care Current Library
This weekly series explores breaking news and developments in the US health care industry, examines key issues facing life sciences and health care companies and provides updates and insights on policy, regulatory and legislative changes.
Life Sciences companies face a litany of challenges—shrinking pipelines, loss of exclusivity of existing assets, waning effectiveness of traditional commercial engines, and increased regulatory scrutiny—that are forcing them to rethink their traditional go-to-market approach.
Deloitte offers a portfolio of Commercial Operations solutions that can help Life Sciences companies cost-effectively address:
- Evolving customer landscape: Convergence, consolidation, and the shift from volume to value are changing the dynamics of the health plan and provider marketplace.
- New value equation: Therapeutic area strategy and comparative effectiveness now play a leading role in formulary and prescription decisions.
- Marketing 2.0: Customers demand more than products; they seek solutions that provide a range of pre- and post-prescription support.
- New stakeholders: C-suite executives and provider formulary panels have a growing role in purchase decisions; new selling models likely will be required to engage these stakeholders.
- New data sources: HIT and social media create an ever-growing set of customer data which can create valuable insights... or a lot of noise. Are they an opportunity or a distraction?
Anticipating tomorrow's complex issues and new strategies is a challenge. Take the lead with Dbriefs—live webcasts that give you valuable insights on important developments affecting your business. Dbriefs offers live webcasts featuring practical knowledge from Deloitte specialists.