10 questions for inbound US investors
Mergers and Acquisitions
Learn about important questions any company should ask while considering a greenfield or merger and acquisition investment in the US
Investing in the US
If you’re visiting this page, you may have already made a big decision about investing in the United States: You plan to do it. At a minimum, you’re considering it. Maybe you are investing in the United States for the first time, or maybe as an addition to a growing US portfolio.
If you’ve decided to invest, the next steps are to decide when, where, and how—and to proceed with a firm sense of why.
Here are 10 questions to help in your decision process:
- How does making or increasing a US investment fit with your global growth strategy?
- Should you acquire or go greenfield?
- If you acquire, what’s the right target? What’s the right price?
- If you go greenfield, where is the right place to invest?
- What tax considerations will you have to manage?
- How will you navigate the US regulatory landscape?
- How can you compete?
- What talent challenges and opportunities should you focus on?
- What brand challenges does your investment present?
- Once the deal is done, what’s your plan to drive synergies and generate sustainable shareholder value?
Mergers and Acquisitions Services
Deloitte’s Mergers and Acquisitions Services provide value across the entire deal lifecycle, from strategy to execution to integration or divestiture.
Deloitte M&A Institute
The Deloitte M&A Institute can help M&A professionals enhance their capabilities and readiness by providing a collaborative environment where they can build connections, tap into world-class thought leadership, access relevant trainings, and register for in-person events.