Deloitte in the news
Next-generation service delivery model Expanding the value-creation menu for consumer packaged goods organizations
Deloitte's 2014 global outsourcing and insourcing survey
2014 Global outsourcing and insourcing survey
Where will shared services go next?
In choosing a location for global service delivery deployment, shared services leaders literally have a world of options.
Achieve the next level of performance
Beloved classical compositions have a magical combination of instruments playing in orchestrated harmony. Organizations that effectively embrace shared services exhibit a similar flawless synchronization, turning complex movements into exceptional execution. With such shining examples around, why don’t all companies embrace or expand the shared services model?
Deloitte's Shared Services team works closely with executives to consider how a shared services operating model aligns with their specialists business strategy. We help drive desired results at the highest strategic levels: from initial strategy development and determining what the value of shared services is to a company, through the implementation and opening of a shared services center, to refinements of the shared services organization to help it achieve the next level of performance.
- Develop and evaluate an initial SSC strategy or consider expanding an existing SSC
- Evaluate sites and facilities locally and globally to help effectively locate an SSC
- Design and implement the SSC’s IT infrastructure and networks
- Address organizational and change management issues, including workforce transition, training, and communications
- Establish effective governance procedures and service-level agreements for ongoing shared services management
- Integrate the SSC into a company’s broader service delivery model organization, which may include offshoring or outsourcing
- Explore potential benefits of outsourcing certain processes or services
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Create a platform for cost-competitive growth
- Improve cost visibility and metrics of back-office operations
- Improve internal control efficiency and effectiveness
- Optimize workforce through process improvement and consolidation of work
- Take advantage of labor arbitrage through relocation of operations
- Improve cash flows through tax-efficient structures and strategies
- Eliminate redundancy and work fragmentation
Connecting business units through their common core processes can lead to consistent service delivery excellence.
Business Model Transformation Consulting
Deloitte’s Business Model Transformation consultants helps companies set and execute their strategic vision and improve business performance.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.