Enterprise Health Systems Solutions
Although cyclists certainly race head to head with their competitors, the real race is against the clock. Health care provider organizations are in a race against time to comply with requirements of the Affordable Care Act, a seemingly uphill climb as they struggle with the Act’s many impacts and competitors' moves to take the lead in their markets. From changing reimbursement levels and ICD-10 standards to electronic health records (EHR) and meaningful use, US health care reform is a reality, and health care systems are transforming their businesses to operate effectively in this new environment.
Racing against the clock
Deloitte’s Enterprise Health Systems Solutions team works with administrators, clinicians, and operational leaders as they migrate to integrated clinical and patient financial information systems that capably support high-quality patient care, administrative cost-effectiveness, and compliance with EHR meaningful use mandates. Beyond our significant experience in driving adoption of EHR, we have a strong track record of helping provider organizations adapt to integrated clinical information systems through effective leadership alignment, change management, workflow and content design, and systems implementation. Our consulting teams include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, and revenue cycle leaders who understand the business of health care—who have helped leading hospital systems, academic medical centers, and standalone facilities realize significant cost savings, maximize their revenue, and transform patient service delivery.
We design and implement Enterprise Health Systems Solutions that address the broad spectrum of new regulations and standards. Our work encompasses the people, processes, technology, and data to transform the health system environment. Our teams include more than 300 professionals with more than 250 certifications who have extensive experience working with both clinical and revenue cycle systems, and our suite of tools and accelerators support both planning and implementation. In addition, we have extensive vendor relationships that enable us to help clients select, effectively design, and efficiently implement vendors’ products to help our clients in their efforts to achieve their vision and goals and successfully address their needs.
Enterprise Health Systems Solutions services
- Physician and clinical leader alignment – engaging management and clinicians to define a common vision for improving patient experience and information flow.
- Clinical business case development – developing the business case to justify the investment in systems implementation through measurable performance goals, including financial, patient satisfaction, meaningful use, and clinician adoption metrics.
- Package selection – evaluating health information technology vendor packages considering value delivered, benefits, and tradeoffs.
- Care-driven design, planning, and management – working with clinical and administrative stakeholders to help design, configure, test, and implement solutions driving the transformation of workflows, information sharing, and technology solutions, with a view towards knowledge transfer and physician/clinical adoption.
- Systems integration and rollout – using proprietary tools and methods to help accelerate systems integration, develop and deliver clinician training and communications, and measure performance results.
- Optimization – providing a holistic approach to understanding an organization’s current use of their recently “live” suite of applications and identifying the gaps and effort to reach leading practice financial and clinical performance that leverages the functionality of their technology investments.
- ICD-10 – assisting with preparation, remediation, and implementation required to address ICD-10 requirements.
- Revenue cycle services and systems – delivering broad-based revenue cycle services, including process redesign, technology enhancement, organizational design, and performance management.
Potential bottom-line benefits
- Clear articulation of strategic organizational and clinical goals with detailed, tactical planning to achieve them
- Improved patient experience and safety
- More efficient sharing of medical information
- Clinician-driven interdisciplinary design
- System-wide clinician support and adoption
- Greater ability to attract targeted patients and quality care providers
- Lower administrative costs and reduced paperwork
- Accelerated clinical information system design, build, and integration
- Effective and efficient process and systems implementation
Transforming to a performance-based value system is no longer optional for health care systems. Health care reform mandates make it critical to efficiently integrate technology and processes to enable compliance while containing costs and improving the quality of care and patient satisfaction.
Strategy & Operations
Deloitte Consulting’s Strategy & Operations practice works with senior executives to help them solve their toughest and most complex problems.