Improving health outcomes and wellness
Improving the health status of a country’s population is a key element in promoting economic growth and prosperity, reducing poverty, and improving quality of life. Infectious diseases and family health issues—though well controlled or even eliminated in developed countries—still cause immense suffering in the poorest parts of the world.
What we offer
We work with global clients to develop strategies for improving health outcomes among underserved communities. We have experience in over 30 countries across North and South America, sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and Europe, where we work to improve geographic and financial access to healthcare, promote a culture of health, reduce disparities, and improve health outcomes.
Particular areas of focus include:
- Design and implement sustainable and market-based approaches for improved access to high-quality care, reduced inequities, and improved population health
- Enable creative partnerships for multi-sectoral approaches to improving health and wellness
- Support policy development for equitable health systems
- Align health programing with social investing for maximizing social benefit in healthcare
Issue to Impact: Roll back malaria
Malaria is a disease that is still ravaging the world. One child dies from malaria in Africa every minute, and there are 200 million mosquito-induced illnesses per year globally. World Health Organization (WHO) engaged Deloitte to assist in the effort to eliminate malaria through a 10-year Global Malaria Action Plan (GMAP). WHO and Deloitte sought to address this issue by engaging all relevant stakeholders around this issue.
Deloitte worked with 500+ partners to help WHO develop a “business case” for addressing the issue of malaria. We involved regional, international, academic, private sector, and other participants to gain buy-in. GMAP will be launched in May 2015, with common goals, strategies, and activities. We also developed communications and coordination across all sectors and guided the allocation of resources to maximize results of this collaboration for a malaria-free world.
Social Impact Consulting
Helping clients meet our greatest societal challenges. Focus areas:
● Economic Development
● Emerging Market Entry Strategy
● Food Security & Agriculture
● Global Health
● Philanthropy & Social Investing
● Social Entrepreunership & Scaling
● Sustainable Supply Chain
● Water, Energy, & Environment
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.