OPM TMA: Training & Management Assistance contract
The US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) established the Training and Management Assistance (TMA) contract vehicle to provide customized training, learning, human capital, and management solutions to Government agencies. This contract vehicle, funded through inter-agency agreements and managed by OPM TMA Programs, provides quick access for Federal agency customers to high-quality support. The contract vehicle is currently up for re-complete. Under the current bridge, agency customers may order through September 30, 2017, and task order period of performance may run through September 30, 2018.
TMA Contract Vehicle at a Glance
- Competition limited to the ~20 awarded contract vendors, who have expertise in a wide variety of human capital and training and learning service areas
Full lifecycle assisted acquisition services:
- Support from SOO creation through task order competition, project and task order management, and project close-out
- Each project assigned an experienced Project Manager and Contract Officer
- Competitive acquisition fee, based on a sliding scale
- Task orders can move from Statement of Objectives (SOO) to award in 30-60 days; Request for Proposal (RFP) response averages a 20-day turnaround for non-DoD work, or a 45-day turnaround for DoD work
- #2 Multiple-Award Contract (MAC) contract vehicle for professional services
- Project plan and individual tasks can be modified to meet emerging client agency needs, including adding teaming partners
Consistent form and requirements:
−Firm-fixed price contract
−Task Order period of performance of four years, including one base year and three option years
−20-page technical volume, price volume
−Best value/trade-off evaluation factors: technical approach, subject matter expertise, key staff, past performance, price
OPM TMA Scope
What sorts of custom training and learning solutions are covered?
Front-end analysis diagnostics, solution design, implementation, evaluation, and Program Management Office (PMO) support for the following training solutions:
Training and learning delivery formats:
- Classroom-based training programs
- Print-based instructional materials
- Web-based, mobile, and electronic learning and job aids
- Performance consulting and coaching
- Simulation-based learning and training
- Blended learning solutions
Training and learning content:
- Job-related training at all levels
- Leadership training at all levels of management
- Training in various uses of technology and software applications
- Training in mandatory subjects (i.e., labor relations, Equal Employment Opportunity, etc.)
- Training for organizational performance improvement or change and professional skills
What sorts of custom human capital solutions are covered? Front-end analysis, diagnostics, solution design, implementation, evaluation, and PMO support for the following human capital solutions:
- Workforce, succession, diversity, competitive sourcing, reduction-in-force, retention planning
- Branding and recruitment solutions that are tied to staffing acquisition
- Competency modeling and individual assessment
- Management consulting, coaching, and mentoring
Employee Rewards and Benefits:
- Strategies and solutions regarding performance management, compensation, and benefits
- Organizational transformation, business process reengineering, change management
- Communications planning
- Knowledge management systems and applications
HR Strategy and Services:
- HR systems analysis
- Continuous process improvement
- Strategic alignment of human resources with mission
- Organization assessment
- Performance measurement and evaluation
- Program evaluation
Deloitte Learning’s Benefit to the Client
Deloitte’s learning and development offering brings together a deep bench of certified, experienced, practitioners from our well-recognized and respected human capital group. Our solutions are customizable, and covered within the scope of the OPM TMA vehicle. We aim to bring leading research and innovative solutions to clients through several internal groups.
By developing an enhanced learner experience, Deloitte services and solutions create interventions designed to help learners improve or develop skills such as:
- Leadership and effective decision-making
- Enhanced execution of complex tasks
- Time-constrained critical thinking and problem solving
- Adaptability in dynamic environments
- Ability to avert and manage risk
- Proficiency with highly technical skills
Deloitte Center for Immersive Learning
The Deloitte Center for Immersive Learning (DCIL) builds leading-edge instructional interventions that immerse learners in realistic experiences and virtual environments to create greater knowledge transfer than traditional methods. DCIL provides learning services and solutions to help organizations address a variety of critical workforce needs.
Walking the walk
Deloitte not only provides customized learning solutions, we also use our solutions. We offer training and learning solutions following the model we propose at our multi-million dollar devoted learning campus for our people, Deloitte University, an investment in our learning capabilities.
The Deloitte Difference
How our Training and Learning solutions distinguish themselves:
2014 LearningElite Gold Award granted by Chief Learning Officer magazine for the fourth consecutive year.
2014 #6 IDEAL Employer for Business Students recognized by Universum in the top 10 for the second year.
2013 Gold and Silver Excellence Awards granted by the Brandon Hall Group recognizing the Best Use of Games for Learning (Gold) and Best Custom Content (Silver)
2012 Hall of Fame Inductee in Training Magazine’s top 10 annual ranking.
Deloitte’s Human Capital
Depth and Value Organizations–regardless of sector, size, or mission-grow, transform, and succeed thanks to their people, processes, and technology. Deloitte’s Human Capital practice provides a range of consulting services focused on our clients’ people. Our practitioners bring breadth and depth of experience in our four major service offerings: Actuarial, Risk, and Advanced Analytics; HR Transformation; Organization Transformation; and Talent, Performance, and Rewards. Deloitte brings to the table thought leadership in performance management, expertise in Human Capital technology, and proven change management success. We understand the particular challenges of leading and rewarding people in the Federal space, and are focused on helping our clients build strong, effective organizations.
An invaluable Human Resources and talent resource
Bersin by Deloitte is a leading HR research firm that provides insight and benchmarking data on leading practices for member organizations. This includes many of the country’s largest commercial enterprises; 60 percent of the Fortune 100 are Bersin by Deloitte research members. Bersin’s industry leading practices are now paired with Deloitte’s deep bench of experienced learning and development practitioners.
The Deloitte Difference
How our Human Capital practice distinguishes itself
#1 Consulting firm in the marketplace by revenue and overall rating in the Kennedy Global Consulting 2011-2014
#1 Global HR Technology and Transformation Practice in breadth and depth of capabilities Kennedy Marketplace Report 2010-2013
#1 Talent Management and Organizational Change Consulting Provider Kennedy’s Human Capital Management Consulting Marketplace 2011-2014