In Focus: 2015 Compliance Trends Survey
This survey report gauges the scope and complexity of the modern corporate compliance function using results from our 2015 survey.
Deloitte strengthens Enterprise Compliance Practice; appoints Keith T. Darcy as a Senior Advisor
Keith T. Darcy, former executive director of the Ethics & Compliance Officer Association (ECOA), has joined Deloitte’s Governance, Regulatory and Risk Strategies (GR&RS) enterprise compliance practice as a senior advisor.
Enterprise Compliance Services
Stronger operations. Competitive advantage. Shareholder value.
Enterprise compliance is a centralized, coordinated approach to ethics and compliance program design and assessment that cuts across multiple business units within an organization. A programmatic approach, built from the top down, enterprise compliance focuses on the specific risks the organization faces.
The four layers of compliance
An organization’s overall enterprise compliance program can be based on a number of frameworks, such as the US Federal Sentencing Guidelines and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) and encompasses both operational compliance and legal/regulatory compliance risks.
Corporate compliance programs can best be thought of as addressing four distinct “layers” of compliance:
- Involuntary for everyone
- Involuntary for a particular industry
- Involuntary for a particular geographic footprint
- Voluntary for strategic or operational excellence
In the news
When it comes to making news, we aren’t shy. Below are some of the latest headlines from our Enterprise Compliance Services practice about enterprise ethics and compliance.
- More Standalone CCOs Are Taking Compliance Reins: Survey
- CCOs Concerned about Compliance IT Systems: Survey
- Global Regulatory Convergence Calls for a Broader View of Risk Exposure
- Ethical Leadership: Facing the Challenges on the Front Lines
- Building a World-class Ethics and Compliance Program
- Whistleblower Programs: Who Should Be in Charge?
- Ways to Build Strong Ethical Cultures
- Planning and executing enterprise-wide compliance risk assessments in healthcare organizations
- Corporate Culture: The Center of Strong Ethics and Compliance
- Insights for Writing a Code of Ethics or Conduct
- Ethics and Compliance Programs: Questions Boards May Want to Ask
- Mitigating Third-party Risks Through “Full-spectrum” Compliance
- Building Tone at the Top: The Role of the CEO, Board and COO
- Managing Global Ethics and Compliance as an Asset, not an Expense
- Dual-class Share Structure: Weighing the Risks and Rewards
- Compliance Staffing and Resources Become a Risk Focus
- How Regulatory Change Is Impacting Third-party Risk
- How Boards Can Raise the Bar on Ethics and Compliance
- Third-party Compliance Risks: Is More Rigor Needed?
- Compliance Program Measurements Remain Elusive
- How Confident are CCOs in Their Compliance Monitoring Programs?
- Financial Services: Third-party and Counterparty Risk Issues
- Aligning Compliance Responsibilities with Business Priorities
- Compliance Programs: What Separates “Good Enough” From “Great”?
- How CCOs Can Address Emerging Compliance Risks
- Measuring Compliance Programs: Are CCOs Using the “Right” Metrics?
- Investment in Compliance Professionals Rising Too Slowly: Global Survey
- Compliance Trends Survey: Are CCOs Addressing the “Right” Risks?
- New Challenges Confront CCOs as Their Role Evolves
- Keith Darcy: How Boards Can Raise the Bar on Ethics and Compliance
- Compliance Trends Survey: Do CCOs Have Enough Authority?
- Ethics and compliance programs: Moving from "good enough" to "great"
- Should Enterprise Compliance Be Centralized or Decentralized?
How we can help
To design and implement an effective and efficient enterprise-wide compliance program, a company should create and maintain the people, processes and information/technology needed for each of the compliance “layers.” Our broad understanding of all these issues can help the chief compliance officer bring greater value to the organization.
Governance, Risk & Compliance
Anticipating tomorrow’s complex issues and new strategies is a challenge. Reach new heights with Dbriefs—live webcasts that give you valuable insights on important developments affecting your business. Dbriefs offers live webcasts featuring practical knowledge from Deloitte specialists.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.