Financial Accounting, Valuation & Securitization Services
Managing change. Improving performance. Adding value.
Entering into a new or complex financial transaction presents unique challenges in meeting complex financial reporting requirements, regulatory compliance needs, and continually evolving market demands. Our Financial Accounting, Valuation & Securitization (FAVS) professionals help organizations meet these challenges.
How we can help
We offer a spectrum of services relating to the technical and operational accounting and compliance risks associated both within domestic and international financial arenas. We also provide transactional services supporting companies accessing the capital markets, be it through an IPO, spinning off a business or financing through securitization. Our specialists deliver products and services to assist with financial instruments valuation, model risk management, and model validation. All of our services are supported by a full range of proprietary technology solutions that are custom designed and developed.
Deloitte's financial accounting, valuation, transactions and securitization specialists are focused on quality and timeliness. Our experienced leaders, combined with the full breadth of our capabilities, can assist you with the following.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Our Financial Accounting & Reporting (FA&R) offering provides an extensive range of financial accounting and reporting services with a comprehensive industry-focused approach. Here are a few of FA&R’s solutions:
- Complex business issues and capital markets transactions: Provides services around the application and implementation of existing accounting standards and reporting requirements; creation of financial risk management and hedge accounting policies; preparation of restated financial statements; and assistance with ongoing SEC reporting. Our proprietary methodology to Optimize Complex Accounting Processes (OCAP) provides insights into the integrity and quality of your organization’s financial reporting process, increases transparency to managers and other decision makers, and helps reduce risks through enhanced controls.
- Derivatives and hedging advisory services: Assists companies in managing their interest rate, foreign currency and commodity risks. Specifically, we help clients increase transparency, reduce complexity, improve compliance, and meet reporting requirements.
- Implementing the latest accounting changes: Advises clients on the accounting impacts of shifting regulations and the implementation of an effective and tailored, convergence solution. For example, Revenue Recognition.
- Meeting regulatory and stakeholder expectations: Helps companies address existing capability gaps and identify opportunities to enhance and better leverage processes and technology to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness. We use our proven approach to Automate External Reporting (AER) to help companies implement a sustainable, technology-enabled reporting process. Benefits of implementing AER include a reduction in resource costs using the company’s existing technology, resulting in tangible financial benefits and enhanced internal controls over the financial reporting process.
Valuation & Modeling
Valuation & Modeling
Deloitte specialists have the deep knowledge and experience to help you understand the value of even the most complex financial instruments, including financial derivatives, structured products, energy and resources, and vendor pricing. Our services include a range of qualitative and quantitative consulting services in the areas of financial instrument valuation, model risk management and validation, valuations and validation, and quantitative modeling and analytics.
Financial instrument valuation
- Security portfolio pricing
- Third-party pricing services management, due diligence and documentation
- Independent valuation services
- Financial instrument valuation testing and documentation
- Product coverage, including securities, derivatives, structured products, and energy and resources
Model risk management and validation
- Validating client models
- Assisting in the design and implementation of a model risk management process
- Reviewing model validation processes, procedures and framework relative to regulatory requirements and leading practices
- Providing related qualitative and quantitative services
Valuation policies and procedures
- Assistance in the assessment and/or implementation of valuation governance structures and Independent Price Verification (IPV) processes and procedures
- Valuation and IPV policies, procedures, and methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting processes
Quantitative modeling and analytics
- Portfolio risk modeling
- Model enhancement services, custom risk modeling, and scenario analysis
- Risk-on-demand services
Deloitte transaction specialists stand ready to help your company optimize capital usage, enhance value and create a return for your investors. Our seasoned professionals will work side-by-side with you and help you navigate through the complicated process of an initial public offering, spinning off a business in a carve-out transaction, leveraging financial assets for daily working capital or strategic acquisitions. We also offer unparalleled securitization capabilities as you look to tap the capital markets.
Here are some examples of the many services FAVS can help with:
- IPO readiness: Aids businesses with initial public offerings (IPO) readiness by assisting in evaluating and implementing the requirements for going public and reporting as a public company.
- Accounting and reporting for transactions: Provides accounting services in support of mergers and acquisition activities, assistance with purchase accounting, creation of carve-out financial statements, and preparation of pro forma financial statements for spin-off transactions.
- Securitization: Assists with pre- and post-close quantitative services supporting capital raising through securities issuances. We also provide accounting, infrastructure and valuation advisory services around accounting standards and regulations for frequent and new market entries. Asset types include collateralized debt obligations (CDO), collateralized bond obligations (CBO), collateralized loan obligations (CLO), commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS), residential mortgage backed securities (RMBS) and various other asset backed securities (ABS).
Deloitte offers a range of financial technology software and services to address the administration, accounting, compliance and surveillance demands of today’s market—and your firm’s unique needs. From start-up funds to large global financial institutions, and in more than a dozen countries across five continents, we keep pace with innovations in technology and changes in the global financial markets to help you improve efficiencies, increase transparency and build value.
Developed by a team of professionals with deep finance and software development experience, these solutions, and services address the administration, accounting, compliance and surveillance needs of today’s market.
Learn more about how our flexible, powerful, and comprehensive financial technology solutions can help your organization increase efficiency and boost performance.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.