John M. Doyle
Director | Deloitte CRG
John has more than 25 years of senior financial and interim management experience. He has directly managed numerous corporate functions including treasury, finance, risk management, sales support operations, strategic planning, acquisition and divestiture analysis, and investor relations. Additionally, his financial restructuring and reorganization experience includes corporate turnaround situations in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings, with a focus on developing solutions for underperforming companies. He has significant experience in multiple retail formats, including discount, mass merchandise, department, specialty, grocery, book/sundry. His experience includes roles as senior executive in several large-cap retailers developing strategic alternatives, restructuring initiatives and business plans to improve operations, profitability, and liquidity.
Several notable engagements include:
- Served as financial advisor to the owners of a privately held $1.5 billion national temporary staffing company with over 300 locations throughout their financial and operational restructuring processes
- Provided advisory services to the management team of a $2.5 billion chemical company through their Chapter 11 claims administration and reconciliation process. Worked with management, attorneys, and other external professionals to leverage the claims administration system
- Served as financial advisor to the owners of a $800 million publicly held manufacturing company to evaluate its annual business plan, support the development of cost-reduction programs and restructuring alternatives, develop cash projections and reporting, and assist with lenders' restructuring efforts
- Served as financial advisor to the owners of a privately held $2 billion grocery retailer with more than 160 locations on the preparation and execution of their Chapter 11 filing
- Served as financial advisor to the unsecured creditors' committee (UCC) of a middle-market apparel manufacturing and distribution company, where he assisted the committee in evaluating restructuring alternatives, analyzing the stalking horse bid for the proposed section 363 sale and performing due diligence regarding the secured lenders' collateral and security interests. He also evaluated operations, provided the committee with cost-reduction opportunities and assisted with negotiating a recovery for the unsecured creditors, even with the secured lenders not being paid in full
Membership & Certification
- John is a Certified Public Accounting (CPA) in Illinois, as well as a member of the Turnaround Management Association
- B.S., Western Michigan University
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.