Principal | Deloitte CRG
Leading companies as an interim executive, Jon has planned and managed reorganization and turnaround strategies, negotiated placements of debt and equity, and successfully guided companies through bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring.
Jon has extensive international experience, and having lived in China, has managed companies in the Pacific Rim, the Middle East, China, and Europe. With more than 15 years of senior-management experience in a broad mix of companies, he has extensive experience providing strategic leadership in crisis situations, solving short-term cash related issues, and implementing financial planning, budgeting, and expense control.
Some notable engagements include:
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a $450 million commercial roofing company where bonding and liquidity issues were resolved through a private equity-led recapitalization of the company
- CRO of a $150 million merchandiser that was the victim of a major fraud
- CRO of a $300 million aluminum casting company where EBITDA was increased by almost 50% in six months through productivity and cycle time improvement initiatives on the shop floor, by integrating pull-system production flow through the ERP system, and by strategic rationalization of pricing and product offerings
- CRO of a 600,000 case, multi-brand wine producer in California and the Pacific Northwest, where he led a successful restructuring and recapitalization
- CRO of a $350 million advertising agency placing interactive and print media for national accounts
- Financial advisor to a $900 million beef processor
- Financial advisor to an international remittance (wire transfer) agency where he led a team working with the lenders, equity, and the company to restructure the company's debt and improve operating performance
- Financial advisor to a $600 million bakery where changes in commodity purchasing and in operations improvements created a 100% increase in EBITDA in 6 months resulting in the company being sold to a strategic buyer for a full recovery for creditors and a substantial ROI for equity
- Financial advisor to a $1 billion bedding company during Chapter 11 restructuring and sale
- CRO for Jing Liang Electronics in Shenzhen, China, a company producing sensors for a variety of industrial, medical, and consumer application
Jon is also active in the Turnaround Management Association and the ABI.
Education and Certifications:
B.S., The University of Texas at Austin
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.