Director | Deloitte CRG
With more than 15 years of management and consulting experience, Matt has worked with a broad range of companies covering turnaround, crisis management, and financial advisory situations. Matt restructuring experience focuses primarily on advising companies, with extensive experience in Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings, business plan assessments, solvency analyses, estate management, and acquisition due diligence in a wide range of industries.
A few noteworthy engagements include:
- Acted as chief restructuring officer (CRO) for a $150 million commercial printer to review the company's business plan, perform a detailed operational assessment, develop strategic alternatives, and manage various stakeholders
- Advised the management team of a $125 million niche travel company; efforts included the development of a business plan, management of day-to-day liquidity, and implementation of various operational initiatives and resulted in the securing of new capital and a successful out-of-court restructuring of the balance sheet
- Managed the pre-acquisition due diligence of a $125 million frozen food manufacturer, including an assessment of production operations that identified a number of post-closing initiatives to be pursued
- Assisted with viability and operations analysis of a $300 million commercial roofing company, where he provided divisional benchmarking, job costing analysis, business plan development, and liquidity management
- Provided crisis management to a publicly traded technology company, including landlord and vendor settlements, contract collection support, and managing office closings
Prior to joining Deloitte CRG, Matt worked for a leading bank as the unit manager for the International Trade and ForEx Settlement Group, where he managed functionality associated with the International Sub-Custodian Network.
- Matt is a board member of the Northeast Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, as well as a member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- B.S., University of Massachusetts Boston
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.