Deloitte Advisory Managing Director | Deloitte CRG
200 Berkeley Street
With more than 15 years of management and consulting experience, Matt has worked with a broad range of companies covering turnaround, crisis management, and financial advisory situations. Matt's restructuring experience focuses primarily on advising companies, with extensive experience in Chapter 11 and out-of-court restructurings, business plan assessments, solvency analyses, estate management, and acquisition due diligence in a wide range of industries.
A few noteworthy engagements include:
- Engaged as the Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) for a $150 million commercial printer to review the company’s business plan, perform a detailed operational assessment, develop strategic alternatives, and manage various stakeholders through the successful sale of the business in Chapter 11
- Acted as the Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) for a commercial printer and consumer packaging company operating 4 distinct businesses. The engagement including the analysis of strategic alternatives which ultimately led to a divesture of one of the business units. This divesture ultimately allowed for the successful restructuring and recapitalization of the balance of the company
- Lead engagement partner for a $6 billion engineering and construction company facing liquidity issues and concerns over the potential breach of credit agreement covenants. The engagement included analyzing current forecasting processes, identifying areas to improve liquidity, determining potential sources of bridge financing and an overall readiness assessment in the event adverse actions were taken against the company
- Lead engagement partner for a building products company in Toronto, which included an assessment of the current business plan, development of a facility consolidation plan and ultimately the assistance in preparing the company for sale. Although the sale proceeds resulted in a deficiency to the second lien lenders, the transaction was effectuated out of court with 100% stakeholder approval
- Lead engagement partner for $125 million niche cruise company; efforts included the development of a business plan, liquidity management and implementation of various operational initiatives resulting in the securing of new capital and a successful out-of-court restructuring of the balance sheet
Prior to joining Deloitte CRG, Matt worked for a leading bank as the unit manager for the International Trade and ForEx Settlement Group, where he managed functionality associated with the International Sub-Custodian Network.
- Matt is a former board member of the Northeast Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association, as well as a member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors.
- B.S., University of Massachusetts Boston