Principal | Deloitte CRG
With more than 20 years of management and consulting experience, Scott Avila is a seasoned restructuring professional. Mr. Avila helps operationally and financially distressed organizations through out-of-court restructurings and Chapter 11 reorganizations.
Mr. Avila has demonstrated the ability to create value in underperforming companies by quickly assessing the situation, developing an appropriate business strategy, and implementing key tactics to quickly generate quantifiable results. These results are typically accomplished through a review of the operational, financial, and macroeconomic challenges facing the organization, followed quickly by development of a plan to capitalize the value of the organization.
Mr. Avila has been instrumental in a number of prominent restructurings, assuming various senior executive and advisory roles on an interim basis, including:
- Served as interim chief executive officer (CEO) for an independent TV and movie production facility.
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) of a $250 million international motorcycle products manufacturer and distributor
- Advisor for a $12 billion farm cooperative
- Advisor to the bondholders of a Continuing Care Retirement Community
- CRO for a temporary staffing company
- CRO and chief operating officer (COO) of a $900 million international leasing and computer reseller
- CRO of an international consumer products company
- CRO of an international publishing and media company
- CRO of a $250 million branded apparel manufacturer and distributor
Mr. Avila is actively involved in numerous professional organizations, and frequently speaks and writes on topics related to turnaround management and corporate renewal.
B.B.A., California State University, Hayward
M.B.A., University of Southern California
Travel, Hospitality & Leisure
Retail & Distribution
Technology & Telecom
dcrgpcb dcrgpfsi dcrgp
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.