Principal | National Leader | Deloitte CRG
With executive and entrepreneurial experience spanning more than 30 years, William has restructured, managed, and guided a multitude of companies in a wide variety of industries. He is the leader of the Corporate Restructuring Group of Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP (Deloitte CRG).
As a broadly experienced interim executive and advisor who has participated in the restructuring of more than 70 companies, William brings a results-driven leadership style to complex and crisis situations.
His recent interim-management engagements include:
- Court-appointed chief restructuring officer (CRO) of the Texas Rangers baseball team
- Court-appointed examiner of Mirant, a $6.5 billion merchant energy company
- CRO of Pilgrim's Pride Corporation, a $8.5 billion integrated poultry company
- CRO of a $250 million fire engine and chassis manufacturer
- Chief operating officer (COO) of a $200 million furnishing retailer
- Chief executive officer (CEO) of a $210 million mattress retailer
- Chief financial officer (CFO) of a $250 million building products manufacturer
- CFO of a $250 million computer manufacturer
- Chief information officer (CIO) of an $800 million health care company
- Primary advisor to a $500 million staffing company, a $1.4 billion logistics company and a $2 billion construction contractor
Previously, William was president of his own financial consulting company, The Snyder Company, where he managed family investments that included operating companies, limited partnerships and securities. Additionally, he has been principal in a variety of different companies and held positions in increasing responsibility for global bottling companies in the United States. William has served as the interim-officer/examiner/trustee in more than 20 bankruptcies and is a frequent speaker and presenter on a wide range of turnaround topics.
Membership & Certification
- William is a Certified Turnaround Professional and has received numerous distinctions over the years, including being named to Turnarounds & Workouts' 2007 People to Watch list, an honor he shares with 11 professionals nationwide. He was recently selected to join the American College of Bankruptcy as a Fifth Circuit Fellow.
Additionally, William is originally from Peru and is fluent in Spanish.
- B.S., Texas A&M University
Crisis leadership and crisis management [infographic] A snapshot of a recent poll
Restructuring realities in a new market
Watch our video case study to learn how Deloitte CRG teamed with Rabobank and Hughes Hubbard & Reed to address large, global restructuring issues.
Here are common stumbling blocks to avoid and key operating principles to consider to help your organization respond to—and survive—an unexpected crisis.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.