Actuaries & Consultants
We apply our retail and business banking expertise with deep industry knowledge to help you better understand and manage risk as you develop and grow your business.
Banks face many challenges in the competitive Australian financial services marketplace, including risks related to strategy, credit, liquidity, operations and interest spreads. At Deloitte, we apply our retail and business banking expertise with deep industry knowledge to help you better understand and manage risk as you develop and grow your business. With an emphasis on quantitative modelling, we apply analytical rigour to areas such as:
Our close association with other parts of Deloitte, including our technology, strategy and operations, and human capital practices, enables us to develop solutions that can be integrated across the banking enterprise.
We can help you
- Assess strategic options across the market, including growth opportunities in distribution and manufacturing
- Better understand impacts of regulatory changes such as Basel II and III on banking capital and capital optimisation
- Embed risk appetite statements into banking operations for different risk categories (credit, market, interest, liquidity, operational and strategic risk)
- Keep track of budgeting and forecasting with sophisticated analytical tools, especially in the areas of mortgage portfolios, earnings profile, capital usage, profit and customer segmentation
- Expand or rationalise operations through M&A activities
- Leverage data assets to drive customer retention and acquisition.
Managing your portfolio superbly
Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants is a pre-eminent mortgage advisory in Australia. Our team brings together multi-disciplinary expertise and experience to provide maximum value for our clients.
A value based approach
Our value based approach provides a deep insight and awareness into lifetime value based sales and mortgage retention strategies, essential in today’s consumer driven market where access and comparison has made it easier to evaluate and move between providers.
We can assist you in the following ways:
- Managing your mortgage portfolio by lifetime value provides insight into accurate profit and value drivers
- Gaining a sophisticated understanding of lifetime value focused sales and retention strategies significantly adds to the value of the overall mortgage portfolio
- Forecasting repayment rates, an important customer incentive and value driver, through a deep understanding of consumer behaviour to predict future behaviour
- Understanding how to measure and maximise business valuation is critical. We assist management in valuing its loan book, its entire operations and in undergoing IPO or merger & acquisition activities.
Using business projections and forecasting combined with risk assessment, evaluation and financial modelling, Deloitte Actuaries serve a variety of Australian corporations including:
- Three of the top four Australian banks
- Regional banks and credit unions
- Key mortgage broker firms.
Valuing a business for M&A activities or for balance sheet reporting can be an onerous task.
Deloitte Actuaries & Consultants is able to shoulder that responsibility for you. Acting as an independent actuary or supporting your in-house team, we provide valuations for a wide range of purposes, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions, including allowances for all risks
- Shareholder reporting
- Both asset and liability (set of cash flows)
- Interpretation of regulations including advice on recent changes and best practice.
We offer a balanced commercial view rather than an exclusively academic one. Our pragmatic approach has allowed us to work with many of Australia’s largest financial organisations within life insurance, wealth management and the banking industries.
Life at Deloitte
People make Deloitte one of the best places to work. What’s great about the people? That’s an easy answer. They are exceptional. Each person is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others.