Focus on topical tax issues
Tax Alert is a monthly publication that keeps you up to date with the latest developments in tax. The alert is compiled by our national tax specialists who are continually monitoring the outlook for new tax developments and analysing the implications for our clients.
November 2015 Tax Alert
October 2015 Tax Alert
- Tax Alert Special 9 September: Closely-held companies – Officials’ issues paper released
- GST: Online purchases – What will be caught and when?
- Resident land withholding tax proposals announced and a new acronym to learn
- Draft legislation provides detail on bright-line test for residential land sales
- Inland Revenue clarifies “clarifying legislation” on acquisition date of land
- Business Transformation and the rise of tax pooling
- Deloitte Integration Report 2015: Useful insights for CFOs and tax professionals when considering your M&A strategy
- Inland Revenue’s 2014 Annual Report: some reading between the lines
- Briefing for the Incoming Minister of Revenue
- New Zealand Revenue Minister releases update on taxation of multinationals
- The Commissioner’s power of reconstruction: No day at the beach for taxpayers
- What are the tax compliance issues that Inland Revenue is focusing on?
- VAT on Supplies of Services to the EU
- Increased Inland Revenue scrutiny of financing transactions
- A conceptual challenge: The “common voting interests” and “control by any other means” tests for associated persons
- Inland Revenue releases final guidance on three avoidance scenarios
- New Zealand to join global crackdown on tax evasion
- Update on status of double tax agreement between New Zealand and Canada
- BEPS update – discussion drafts on actions 7 and 10 released for comment
- Land tax myths
- BEPS: OECD releases 7 recommendations
- Progress from the BEPS project on Transfer Pricing Documentation and Intangibles
- Taxpayer wins in capital vs. revenue tax case
- Have you “chewed the FATCA” yet?
- What does a National win mean for upcoming tax policy?
- Capital gains tax eventually inevitable – so let’s debate the details
- Residency cloud clears - taxpayer wins appeal
- Earthquake Issues – shaking has subsided but tax problems linger
- GST and bodies corporate – when will the mist clear?
- Update on new director rules
- Important changes affecting directors and general partners
- Tax function – positive return on sensible investment
- Company administration costs – deductible or not?
- Does having a property in New Zealand constitute tax residency?
- Guidance on transitional rules for tax positions on residence updated
- Taxation for deregistered charities and a new tax exemption for the community housing sector
- Refunds available for employer provided accommodation
- United Kingdom pensions – foreign tax credits
- Update on IR position regarding when tax payments are received in time
- Employee allowances: the final chapter?
- NZICA releases special purpose reporting framework
- Updated guidance on excessive amounts paid to relatives and others
- Transfer Pricing in the digital economy
- Options for dealing with foreign superannuation obligations
- Are you providing services to South African recipients?
- Snippets from Parliament
- Deloitte welcomes new tax partner
- GST - Timing errors do matter
- Overseas borrowings on offshore rental property – a new focus
- Questions Inland Revenue has been asked on tax avoidance
- When is a tax resident not a tax resident?
- Inland Revenue issues Alert over donation claims
- Are fringe benefits slipping under the radar?
- Paying your tax on time – Be aware of proposed changes to IR practice!
- Employee allowances bill reported back
- Transfer pricing documentation and country-by-country reporting - update
- Tax residence - clearing the muddy waters
- Inland Revenue’s Minimum Financial Reporting Requirements for SMEs are now finalised: What does this mean for taxpayers?
- BEPS project ramps up
- Deloitte Tax Calender
- Last minute foreign super amendment welcome
- Tax year-end matters; GST Refunds for non-residents
- Deloitte Tax Calendar - Have you ordered yours yet
- Employee share plans coming under Inland Revenue’s tax avoidance spotlight;
- Do you have Foreign Superannuation Entitlements?
- Residence storm brewing; The acquisition date of land – clarity still required;
- Transfer pricing is still a hot topic;
- Deloitte Tax Calendar – order your copy now;
- Inland Revenue proposal for minimum financial reporting requirements for SMEs: What does it mean for taxpayers?
- Employee allowances - the next chapter
- Investing in a chance: TrustPower secures a rare taxpayer win in the courts
- GST matters
- What’s on the tax policy horizon?
- Inland Revenue’s ability to chase down tax evaders becomes easier
- Update on the foreign super and mining tax bill
- Multinationals come under the compliance spotlight
- Regular pattern of building and selling houses catches up with trustees
- The OECD base erosion and profit shifting project – how New Zealand might respond
- Chinese tax and business regulatory framework: evolving landscape and hot topics
- GST and mixed use assets
- Equity based remuneration
- Records in the cloud
- Clarity, controversy, or both: Inland Revenue’s finalised guidance on tax avoidance
- Succession and divestment
- Clarifying the tax consequences for deregistered charities
- Research and development expenditure: Deja vu?
- Bloodstock investors finish down the track
- A necessary review of allowances
- Deloitte announces new tax partner
- A taxing holiday: mixed-use assets update
- Thin capitalisation proposals. It ain’t law yet – thankfully
- Deloitte Private: Putting the Customer First
- Proposed GST changes a step closer to enactment
- Exporting goods to related parties in Australia? Be aware of changes to the approach by The Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
- Further accolades for Deloitte’s New Zealand tax team
- September tax bill reported back
- Further Reforms to the Tax Treatment of Land-Related Lease Payments: Shifting the Capital-Revenue Boundary?
- Do your facts stack up? Don’t Google it!
- New foreign super and mineral mining bill introduced
- Foreign superannuation rules overhauled
- Clarifying the acquisition date of land: Certainty please
- Confirmed legislative changes for the taxation of mining
- Where are we now? Update on recent employment tax issues
- Alesco: The pendulum continues to swing in Inland Revenue’s favour
- Emails: smart ways to manage the potential minefield
- Tax calendar 2013
- STOP PRINT: Update on BEPs work
- Tax pooling might be worth a thought
- OECD Releases new base erosion and profit shifting report
- It’s not too late to pay out those old imputation credits, but it soon will be
- Inland Revenue issues warning on salary packaging voucher schemes
- Upcoming Dbriefs
- Alesco decision released - Inland Revenue continues its winning streak
- 31 March 2013 is fast approaching
- KiwiSaver contribution rates increase from 1 April 2013
- Fundamental changes proposed to thin capitalisation rules
- GST remedial issues paper released for comment
- Inland Revenue update New Zealand tax residency rules
- Purchases denominated in foreign currency – proposed tax reforms announced
- Japan and New Zealand sign new double tax agreement
- Taxation of Multinational Companies: Report Issued by Inland Revenue