Security, privacy & resiliency
Every organization has operational requirements that are non-negotiable: protecting intellectual property and customer information, providing convenient and secure access to products and information, complying with regulatory mandates.
To enhance the security, privacy and resiliency of your organization, you need to work with trained professionals. Deloitte can help you manage your information and technology risks, we use proven methodologies and tools to deliver end-to-end solutions.
Organizations need to implement and maintain a security management framework, aligning people, process and technology, to survive in today’s competitive market and achieve a fundamentally more secure state.
We can help improve the security of a single component or work with you to develop comprehensive security programs and maintain an entire information security management framework. Our approach is based on the following services:
- ISO Gap Analysis and Readiness
- Security Policy Development
- Information Security Risk Management
- Third Party Security
- Security Training and Awareness
If Application security is not designed carefully, sensitive and confidential information may leak, mission-critical business operations may be interrupted, or fraud may be left undetected.
If the changes to the application system are not controlled, there is an increased risk of migrating unauthorized codes into production that could adversely impact the production environment.
Security and controls member firm professionals offer a unique skill set combining business process controls experience with a technical understanding of the applications security architecture. Deloitte’s advice is frequently sought in both an assurance and advisory capacity. Deloitte can help take the Organization to the next level:
- Application security design and implementation: Assist an organization design and implement application security
- Application security assessments: Perform an assessment of the current application security design and provide a roadmap on ways the security design may be improved
- SOD Access Assessment (industry and ERP-specific): Identify SOD risks of current business and IT processes and assess if those risks can be mitigated through modification of user access
- Application Security Role Redesign: Assist with modifying the current role design to a design intended to limit end user access while allowing for efficient access administration
- Application Change management: Perform an assessment of the current change management procedures and provide on ways the change management process may be improved.
Security within an application system (including ERPs) is key to organization’s internal control environment and to ensure availability and reliability of its data.
Firewalls, anti-virus software, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems, patch management and periodic vulnerability scanning may be in place, but even these may not be enough to protect your organization against the ever evolving range of threats. We help clients developing effective and efficient solutions by linking processes, people and technologies to ensure that risks are identified, assessed and managed as part of an operational approach to addressing system vulnerabilities. Our team can assist by:
- Assessing the current state of vulnerability management processes
- Helping our clients select the right solutions for vulnerability management
- Designing and optimizing vulnerability management processes and controls that include threat identification, risk assessment, remediation and effective management reporting
- Implementing vulnerability management solutions and processes
- Conducting vulnerability assessments & penetration testing of:
- External and internal network security
- Web applications
- Critical hosts
- Physical security
- Program code
- Investigating incidents and applying forensics
- Secure software development
One figure says it all... More than 90% of the situations, in which systems are compromised, are the result of vulnerabilities and configuration errors. Both the infrastructure being used by organizations and the attacks they come under have become more complex and sophisticated than ever before.
This has made increasingly difficult to address vulnerabilities and weaknesses in an effective and efficient way. Additionally, the organization's risk exposure may not be recognized or visible to senior management.
Resilience and Preparedness
Resiliency is a critical component of successful business management. Experience shows that typically more than 50 percent of businesses without an effective resiliency plan will ultimately fail following a major disruption. In fact, the more resources you rely on, the more risk you are exposed to. But you need those people, facilities, computer systems, telecommunications, equipment and business partners in order to do business. The reliability and continuity of these operations are critical to your business survival and to building competitive advantage.
Deloitte has helped many of the world’s largest Organizations to plan and prepare for unexpected events. These events may be physical, such as natural disasters, power failure or non-physical such as information leakage.
The range of services we offer are:
- Occupational Health & Safety audits
- Current state assessments
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Risk Assessment (RA)
- Development of business continuity strategies
- Development of IT service continuity strategies
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity & Crisis Management Plans Development
- Plans testing and user training