(Junior) Manager Cyber Operations
This position will directly be responsible for managing the security operations staff by providing oversight, guidance, and mentorship to a team of security analysts and will report directly to the Risk Advisory Leadership of Deloitte Dutch Caribbean. In this role, the person will manage and mentor SOC staff who will apply analytic and technical skills in order to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response. The Manager Cyber Operations will work closely with the other Regional Cyber Intelligence Center (CIC) Managers to maintain consistency across the globe.
This would include, but not be limited to, managing day-to-day Cyber Operations duties, training plans, and providing metrics/reporting for all security related incidents. This position would work directly with vendors, client IT teams, staff within Deloitte’s Global CIC network and last but not least the Risk Advisory consultants within the Dutch Caribbean.
- Manage the design, development, implementation and support of all components within the Regional CIC. Manage the Regional CIC Analysts.
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support offerings serviced out of the Cyber Intelligence Center;
- Work jointly with Infrastructure and Incident Response teams to periodically review existing security device architecture and recommend potential updates or enhancements;
- Actively participate in decision making with leadership and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions;
- Manage security metrics program. This will include gathering and analysing relevant security data from our different SIEM platforms, incorporating trending data based on relevant security data.
- Oversee the monitoring of security events from multiple sources, analyze the results and escalate, when necessary, to the appropriate group for remediation. The events will originate from, but are not limited to IDS, IPS, antivirus, DLP, firewalls and system security logs;
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement of client environments;
- Identify potential security exposures that may currently exist or may pose a potential future threat to client networks or systems. Ensure clients are notified when these exposures are identified and develop potential remediation plans.
- Play a substantive role in the training and development of staff/CIC analysts;
- Evaluate, counsel, mentor and provide feedback on performance of others
- Play substantive/lead role in retention of professionals and in building staff complement, mix, and recruiting
- Play substantive/lead role in developing a strong relationship with internal resources
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
Demonstrate knowledge in on or more of the following information security domains, including:
- Incident Response
- Intrusion Prevention/Detection
- Network Security Operations
- Security Architectures
- Security Governance and Management
- Policies and Procedures
- Risk Management
- Information Classification
- Access Control
- Identity Management
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- System Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with security industry standards (ISO27000 series, NIST CSF, SANS, ISF)
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience required;
- Six (6) years of information security experience and general IT management experience;
- Good understanding of security event monitoring concepts and incident response processes;
- Possession of current CISSP certification or equivalent preferred. Familiar with and able to apply time-proven, generally-accepted security methods, concepts and techniques;
- Good understanding of networking (WAN, LAN), network domains (Internet, Intranet, DMZ), communication techniques/protocols and their combined effects on network and host system security;
- Ability to maintain awareness of local, national and international trends and developments in the area of security and ability to relate them to the needs of the Dutch Caribbean client organizations;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact effectively with direct managers and staff in both technical and business roles;
- Able to defuse situations, work around defensive attitudes, and deal with diverse personalities to achieve assignment objectives;
- Ability to learn and retain new skills, as required, in order to meet the demands of a rapidly changing technical environment;
- Ability to work non-standard shifts and/or on-call to support the requirements of the organization
- Ability to travel occasionally (up to 50% in Dutch Caribbean), including potential international travel
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
Deloitte Dutch Caribbean offers competitive terms of employment, career opportunities and a pleasant work environment.
An assessment and reference check may be part of the selection process. Your application will be handled confidentially.