About Deloitte Australia
Deloitte is the brand under which thousands of professionals collaborate across a network of offices in Australia to provide audit, economics, financial advisory, human capital, tax and technology services.
Deloitte in Australia
The Australian partnership of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is committed to growth, client service and its people – 600 partners and more than 6000 people located in 14 offices across the country, plus Papua New Guinea and Timor-Leste.
Deloitte Australia achieved record revenues of A$1.530 billion for the fiscal year ending 31 May 2016, a 15% increase over the prior year.
To sustain its momentum, Deloitte continues to invest in innovative new services, products and people, while expanding its business through acquisitions, alliances and organic growth.
- In Australia, Deloitte achieved double-digit revenue growth for the second-consecutive year, with A$1.530 billion for FY16 - a 15% increase over the prior year and matching the 15% growth in FY15
- In 2016, Deloitte promoted 48 new partners and welcomed 38 partners who joined the firm as lateral hires or through transactions
- Deloitte’s recent transactions and alliances include teams from Sixtree, MashUp, Engage Super, Cloud Solutions Group and Qubit Consulting
- Deloitte collected five awards at the Australian Financial Review’s 2016 Top Employer Awards, including Most Popular Graduate Employer, Most Popular STEM Employer, Most Popular Accounting Employer, Most Popular Software Engineering and Computer Science Employer, and Most Popular Business and Management Consulting Employer
- Deloitte ranked number one employer for accounting and financial management graduates, and leads the Big Four, in Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016, a survey undertaken by The Australian and GradAustralia
- Deloitte is committed to driving Australia’s STEM - science, technology, engineering, and mathematics – IQ, partnering with LifeJourney to mentor students on Day of STEM, an online platform providing students the opportunity to interact with STEM leaders
- Deloitte Digital won the Gold award at the 2016 Melbourne Design Awards for the ANZ Virtual Garden, a fully interactive 11-metre high digital wall that spans three levels of the bank’s Martin Place branch, Sydney
- In May 2016, Deloitte announced the global launch of Deloitte Pixel™, a venture that works to create effective outputs from crowdsourcing specialist insights into client or industry problems or challenges
- In March 2016, Deloitte was amongst the winners at the Western Sydney Leadership Dialogue’s ‘Out There’ Summit, presented with the Business Leadership award for the firm’s Shaping Future Cities – Designing Western Sydney initiative, an economic blueprint setting out recommendations to generate 200,000 great new jobs for Western Sydney
- Deloitte launched its 24/7 Australian Cyber Intelligence Centre in November 2015, which provides clients with round-the-clock business-focused operational security
- In February 2015, Deloitte Australia appointed Cindy Hook as its Chief Executive Officer. Cindy is the first woman to lead a Big Four firm
- Deloitte’s commitment to being a responsible business is a key priority. In FY16, the firm contributed $18.3 million to the community through pro bono work and donations, as well as hands-on and skilled volunteering
- Deloitte's Building the Lucky Country: Business imperatives for a prosperous Australia series has successfully prompted debate and action on key issues facing the Australian economy. Five reports have been released to date, including: ‘The purpose of place: Reconsidered’, 'Get out of your own way: Unleashing productivity', 'Positioning for prosperity? Catching the next wave’, 'Where is your next worker?', and 'Digital Disruption: Short fuse, big bang'. A sixth Lucky Country report will be launched in April 2017.
- In 2015, and for the third year in a row, Deloitte made BRW's Most Innovative Companies list, recognising the firm's commitment to innovation.
One of the critical success factors for Deloitte’s growth has been its embrace of gender and cultural diversity to win the war for talent in this country. Deloitte has now been recognised as an equal opportunity leader for women by the Federal Government’s Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency for eleven successive years.
Recognised in 2012 as an Employer of Choice for Women for the 11th year in a row by the Federal Government’s Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA)
The Inspiring Women program is a key element in Deloitte’s business strategy.
It is about Deloitte vision of being the professional services firm of choice for talented women by continuing to support and foster the development of talented women within the firm. We do this by:
- Creating an inclusive culture driven by the leadership of the firm
- Investing in talent identification, development and recruitment
- Building an appropriate environment to develop and retain talented women.
Learn more about diversity at Deloitte.
Deloitte Australia's vision and culture
Deloitte’s vision is to be the most inspiring firm to work with - for its people, its clients and its communities. Deloitte is committed to innovation, the oxygen that it uses to develop new ideas, products and services that create value for itself, its clients and the country.
With seven key values or 'signals' that have been honed over the years, Deloitte's culture is based on empower and trust; recruit and retain the best; talk straight; continuously grow and improve; play to win - think globally; aim to be famous; and have fun and celebrate.
Deloitte is proud of its “playful culture with serious intent". It is in the business of solving complex problems for its clients which it does by engaging its people through a series of innovative communication channels and 'think tanks'. This is the foundation it uses to create an “and different” environment and which has contributed to the firm being placed for two years in a row in the top 15 of Australia’s Best Place to Work rankings.
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”). Each DTTL member firm provides services in particular geographic areas and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
The member firms reported aggregate revenue of US$35.2 billion for the fiscal year ended 31 May 2015. Deloitte operates in more than 150 countries and has in the region of 225,000 professionals, all committed to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence.